Original Xbox 360 - system freezes / freezing

At first (at the start of 2015) the system started freezing after two or more hours of play (inconsistent). When it started to get so bad that I couldn't even play for half an hour, I opened it up and cleaned out the dust for the first time since it went in for an RRoD repair in 10/2008. This seemed to fix the issue for a few weeks, then I had to start using exterior fans to help with cooling...which fixed the issue for a couple of months.

Now the system freezes early on start up, and seems to last longer as it gets warmer, but only lasts about five to ten minutes at most.  

Already troubleshooted the harddrive and optical drive. Already cleared cache. I'm thinking I need to re-paste the heat sinks, but would appreciate any other suggestions (other than buying a new system, of course). 

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:
Answer

Rant aside, your console is overheating. Google will be a huge help. Unfortunately, a lot of those communities support modding, piracy and some even support cheating. I would steer clear of those, because it's generally filled with losers, and they won't help you. (I mean, they cheat online, clearly they don't care about anything other than their own egos) I wish you luck. The only thing I can tell you about is iFixIt. It is a good place to look at for some information.

It's not fair dude, but that's the way it is on these forums. I wish I could give you pointers, because it's like an itch I can't scratch to me. It's sad how Microsoft treats its customers, and its own hardware for that matter. I can tell you what's wrong, but I can't tell you to fix it.

tl;dr, Google. We, as sad as it is, can't help you on these forums.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.