Original XBOX 360 not updated correctly

I have the original XBOX 360. Purchased a Kinect sensor recently but when I first tried connecting it to the console, it asked for the latest update to be installed. I downloaded the update from the XBOX site and used a USB drive to install the update. The XBOX dashboard updated correctly but the Kinect still does not work. When I try using the Kinect or try connecting to XBOX Live, it asks me to apply an update from the site. When I continue, the update starts to download but nearing the end of the download, the console restarts and the following message comes

Some xbox 360 features are missing or corrupt. A system update is required to replace them. Your console will restart. If the problem persists, there may be a problem with your storage device. For More info visit www.xbox.com/support

This has been repeated a number of times. Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I suggest requesting a repair or phoning xbox support. * Also try clearing your cache on your console.

Requesting a repair is very easy and very quick, I think your xbox may be covered for this problem otherwise you will have to pay.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suggest requesting a repair or phoning xbox support. * Also try clearing your cache on your console.

Requesting a repair is very easy and very quick, I think your xbox may be covered for this problem otherwise you will have to pay.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's also quite possible that it might be something with your XBOX 360 hard drive. Have you tried to remove the hard drive out of the equation and use a removable storage device such as a USB Drive and try to start it up and see if it works. If that's the case then your hard drive might be the culprit in this case and you'd need to get that replaced. Instructions on removing the hard drive > support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive. Instructions on how to format a USB Flash Drive to work with the XBOX 360 console > support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive. Let us know if that worked out for you, if that doesn't do as Sewell98 has advised and contact XBOX Support for service which can be started by going to http://myservice.xbox.com or contacting them by telephone :).

Sorry this didn't help.