Original Xbox 360: Centre light continuously flashing green

Okay,

So I've got an original 20GB Xbox that I bought off Amazon a couple of years. Have had very few problems with it. However, recently when playing Saint's Row IV and Grand Theft Auto 5, my Xbox would randomly freeze at and given moment, seemingly with no reason. I took apart my console to see everything was okay inside and found the interior to be *covered* in dust. I quickly cleaned it up with a brush and hoover and then opened up the disc drive to find the same problem - lots of dust. Again I cleared everything up, put the console back together and plugged the wires back in.

This is everything I did. I not add any mods or anything. Simply took it apart, cleared the dust out, and put it back together.

When I turned it back on it started up normally and everything seemed to okay. But then I noticed the centre light on the power button was flashing green continuously, like it does when you open the disc tray, except it just didn't stop. I then tried to open the disc tray and nothing happened. The tile on the dashboard read, "Open Tray" then "Opening" then without actually opening, "Closing" and back to "Open Tray".

What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can't really do anything. You self repaired which means you voided your warranty.

I'm sorry, but we can't help you, as self repair is not able to be discussed on the forums.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But I didn't repair anything! I cleared the dust out of it, that's all. And I don't have a warranty on it either. The console itself is now 5 or 6 years old and I bought it 2nd, maybe even 3rd hand. There is no warranty to be voided. If there ever was one on this console, it ran out years ago.

I'm sure there's something I could do, seeing as the only thing changed was the amount of dust gathered inside the thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Corridor!

I'm sorry to tell you that LowlyOne is on the right track here. The situation you were describing sounded like you needed to send your console in for an official repair. However, since you opened your console, you're no eligible to send the console in for an official repair.

In case the console goes out completely, I suggest copying any game saves, etc that you want to preserve either to Cloud Storage or to an Xbox 360 formatted USB drive.

Sorry this didn't help.