Opinions on Gears 3 Epic Edition

I have this on order as I am both a HUGE Gear head and I do like to collect game/movie figures and statues. Problem is money for me ATM, I also have the retro lancer on order.

In the past I have gone for the expensive editions like Halo 3 and Reach Legendary on release. Months down the line they became 1/2 price.

I always sell on codes so having the Adam and lancer codes now mean nothing to me. I just don't want to spend £100 on release for it only to see it drop to £40 3months later. I would be happy getting the normal game at £30+ then upgrading to the Epic once cheaper. But its hard to decide when I cant guess on the availability.

Does anyone have an opinion on what will happen to this ?. Is it worth getting now or hoping for it to bomb in price down the line ?. Any word on it being an actual small run so best to get now ?

I know I am asking on something that isn't out yet but if someone knows if this is a smaller run than the Reach Legendary for example. Just something to help me decide.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There was word that the bonus for midnight would be a golden gnasher.

But that was just   spec.

I've seen no news on midnight bonus items, but I have not really read up to avoid any spoilers. This thread has got info on the pre order bonuses and pictures of each skin. I was currious on what the gun skin was and I found it on a google hunt.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=764626

I would say unless you want to pay feebay prices for each code on release you would have to order from every shop. Totally up to you, IMO I just don't see them worth the cost - but then I don't really see the point of any digital items so I may be a little bias.

Decided on my Epic edition with two qualifiers - If the Gears console bundle is cheap I may go for that and get the Epic edition down the line (hopefully it will bomb, sorry Epic) and I hope someone will be able to find out if this is an actual limited run that will not be around to long.

I'm a tad confused with some of the pre order bonus's that seem to be coming out of the woodwork now.

I've already got the Epic edition on pre order and that's only available from Game. Seems now if you pre order from Play you get a special "Mechanic Baird" bonus.

What about any midnight pick up bonus's that might suddenly be announced too? Remember the golden hammerburst?

This is the one game I don't want to miss out on anything but I'm not buying 3 or 4 different copies just for some character skins.

I was going to get the Epic edition... but there's so many other AAA titles out in a few months that I've decided to roll with just the Limited Edition.

Thanks all. Its a hard thing to do, seeing into the future.

I do want the contents, the statue will be put in my collectables case along with all my other expensive stuff. I just cant help feel that it could turn out like so many other expensive editions and plummet down the line. But then there is the paranoid side of me that is saying if I cancel it will sell out and not be available cheap again.

I think I will have to look through the epic forums and see if they have given a product amount. If they say along the lines of only X are made it will help in my decision.

Penitent Ghost - If I do get it thats the first thing to mind for me. When I got the Reach Legendary I sold the codes and soon after the game and got the statue and books for a total of £4.

But the chance to get the Epic edition cheap and sell the codes for less is still enticing.

Dam my un-decisive mind.

[quote user="tera omi"]

I always sell on codes so having the Adam and lancer codes now mean nothing to me. I just don't want to spend £100 on release for it only to see it drop to £40 3months later. I would be happy getting the normal game at £30+ then upgrading to the Epic once cheaper.

[/quote]

£40 on release, lets say £50 for the Epic later on = £90

Epic now = £100

Factor in that you sell the codes and it probably works out the same anyway

I'm also thinking of cancelling my pre-order. So far I've managed to get the Killsone 3 helghast edition for £40 when it was originally £110 and the Gran turismo 5 signature edition for £50 down from £150 and I have a feeling this will be similar.

In all fairness i'm think of just reducing my order to the LE as £100 is just a bit too much and the wife will want me to spend the same money on her and thats just not happening!

Its not really epic. tbh although one huge gears fan like my self would have to get it,

Sadly all the stuff will get thrown aside after a few  looks and reads.

Just give me a polished brilliant game and  im happy. oh and Anya. :P

i think gamestop covers a much bigger area than gamestation and game though. 

My local game shop will have a few spares.  it all holds on the local store.

If you like to buy with cash im sure they wont be so limited 

I'll get EPIC and sell ya all the stuff for 500% profit!