Opinions of The Walking Dead...

What is everybody's opinions on the latest GwG: The Walking Dead?

For me, the first time I've played through, the idea of CHOOSING how I conversate with the various characters in the game while the story goes on is thrilling and consequential just like in real life. I've often get so overwhelmed of the increasing tension and having my choices be shown, not just by the game itself but the characters themselves, I've paused the game multiple times to get my breath. I've never seen such a simple concept with a strong presence and story.

That said, the game has stuttered during play, specifically after dialog choices and transitions poorly at times. It made me realize that the experience was a bit jaded, however my biggest complaint is that clues can drag on for a while despite the limited playspace. I'm playing on 360, is the experience different on the Xbox ONE?

Even if I'm done playing the episodes from beginning to end and getting all the achievements, I feel that it actually encourages multiple playthroughs (which I will do, to see what else could've happened). I could see some events happen from a mile away, sorta like a TV show. I haven't even seen The Walking Dead yet I feel the story is substantial enough to stand in its own without prior knowledge to the show or comics. Who else thinks so? And I'm considering purchasing the Season 2 of The Walking Dead, but having bits and pieces of context sold to me doesn't seem practical to me. I'm glad the whole first season was free tho to get people invested in it. Its easy gameplay also makes it accessible for everybody to enjoy its multiple story branches that YOU could shape with the interactions.

Pick up The Walking Dead, even if you haven't seen the material before. You will get invested and feel of the atmosphere and characters and IT"S FREE (until the end of the month).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You should also pick up the other telltale games all of which are really good with the exception of the new minecraft one which is far too childish for my taste

this game loves throwing achievements at you!

In order to get the best from the full season you have to complete it.  

I don't remember season 1 stuttering that badly on the 360 but it did from time to time. I haven't played it on the ONE yet. I did play episode 2 on the ONE and it stuttered so badly. It would do it for up to 5 seconds or so at a time. The Wolf Among us did it on the ONE as well.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Speaking of season 3, is there a release date or any interesting rumors?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season 1 is by far the BEST story-driven video game I've ever played, bar none; nothing else even comes close...[/quote]

You should play more games if this is the best you've ever played.

My opinion on the game is it's okay. Nothing great. The choices you make don't really change the outcome much if at all. I've played through it twice making different choices and the end result was pretty much the same. The game stutters way to much.

It does a good job and making you care about the characters at least. It's good in that regards. Gameplay wise it's pretty dull.

These are just a few games that have a much better story. The Wolf Among Us. The Witcher 3. Life is Strange. These are for the ONE, but there are a lot more for the 360.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I downloaded episode one ages ago when it was free , played it for about 15 minutes or so then promptly deleted it , not my cuppa tea thanks .

The decision making in season one affected relationships with the other characters, and the dynamic of the group, more so than the overall path of the plot. In season two the choices affected relationships, which in turn affected the outcome of the story for that season, and was pretty rewarding.

Season two, and playing as a kid was a cool experience, because you're a kid. lol Adults rarely listen to you no matter how much sense you're making. Watching grown-ups arguing and trying to chime in and drop some knowledge was a bummer when you were reminded constantly of your/Clem's age.

My season two ending was vastly different from at least two other peoples' I've talked to about it, and we each think our endings were the best endings. That's good interactive storytelling! Season one for me now serves as an introduction to Clementine. Season two was Clem coming into her own. Great character. Good games.

But Telltale need to make entire seasons, hold back episodes, and release them on a tidy schedule... the time between episodes is ridonculous, across all their games, and I won't be buying anything but complete seasons in future. Still waiting on the Game of Thrones finale... and I can barely remember wth was going on with the characters. {=|

Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season 1 is by far the BEST story-driven video game I've ever played, bar none; nothing else even comes close...

The game is a perfect addition to the Walking Dead "world" fits perfectly between the comics and the TV series.   Your not the only one DW, if the end of season 1 doesn't get you lumpy in the throat your probably a "walker" already..