Opinion: Skyrim or Witcher 2

Ok so ive been playing The Witcher 2 for a good few hours now, and put simply i think its absolutely brilliant! The story, combat, and graphics are fantastic and it makes a really good change from your cute fairy rpg characters and boring wolves and bears enemies.

Throughout playing ive been thinking, wow im enjoying this alot more than i ever did Skyrim, altho i thought skyrim was ace. I understand that most will say you cant compare the 2 games, but i think, they are both rpgs, and just video games so why not?

So what do you guys on the forum think, which is better in your opinion, The Wticher 2 or Skyrim?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Witcher 2 has a far more richer and deeper main story to it, which requires more then 1 playthrough to see all sides to it. It sticks to the main story story and allows for side quests to help build your character but you always get guided back to it unlike Skyrim

-

Skyrim for me is a vast open world which does allow the player to do and explore as he/she wants..but ultimately the size of the world detracts from the main story as you can do so much, but ultimately wont mean very much with a main story that just ends flat and leaves you in a world where you have done it all and are so powerful that even dragon battles will last seconds and offer no challenge

-

I liked both games, but had a greater game experience with Witcher 2 then Skyrim, but both should be played and in your collection...especially now that Bethesda have had close to 6 months to fix their game!

Witcher hands down.

Both games are brilliant in their own right. If you enjoy exploring large virtual lands, Skyrim is the game for you. If you enjoy a well told story with a more linear experience and great cut scenes, The Witcher is the best choice!

Enjoyed/ing Witcher 2 but I prefered Skyrim IMO.

Might get Witcher 2 if it goes cheap, how long does the story take to complete?

And does anyone know about how many hours of total gameplay there is?

Is there much replayability, like on Oblivion is used to make different character styles and stuff?

you have to replay the game at least twice to get both sides of the story, will check my save games to see total game time

Currently going through the witcher 2.  It's an okay game, but I was expecting a lot more from it, due to peoples opinions on it.

---

It's a decent game, but I much prefered Skyrim.

I like both but the witcher is far too short for an rpg so i Prefer Skyrim.

oh no short and rpg don't somehow fit

too short for a rpg? wow. first time iv heard 35-40+ hours being called short