Opinion on Kinect.

I think the Kinect is a complete failure,It can only be used on only a few different types of genre's ;how would you actually do combos in a fighting game? I think that Microsoft will discontinue the Kinect in late 2013,after Ryse is released.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The item the received the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling consumer electronic device is a "failure" is it? http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html

The Kinect games are completely lacking.  They are limited in their scope.  They are very linear.  They are not very good.  That doesn't mean the Kinect hardware is a failure.   I don't see them dumping the Kinect.  Instead, Microsoft will probably change the Kinect's focus.  They already are.  Instead of Kinect only games, they will concentrate more on games that use Kinect to augment controller games (stuff like Forza 4, Ghost Recon: Future Solider, etc).  

Microsoft will also move the focus of Kinect to PC applications.  Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Ep3oqicVU

Wait until Skype360 is added to the Xbox App Box for Dashboard & the Skype System Update is applied...

Skype Sensor for PC is nearly a spitting example of the Kinect Sensor & Microsoft have now aquired Skype Communications & are re-working their system & software..

Kinect is the next evolution in gaming.  There is no arguing this.  Adding video applications to gaming has been in development for years.

Kinect is the first step in the gaming industry towards holographic technology in gaming.  Now just imagine what that would be like.

Yeah, I can't wait for 3D Holographic Heads-Up-Display's (HUD) on games...

Big sales means its a success for MS, but really for gaming its bombed big time.  Most of the games are crap.  Fable The Journey is going to be the next hyped Kinect game that will bomb and will probably kill off Lionhead Studios.

My opinion hasn't changed since the day it launched, it's not a product I'm interested in.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I have said this from the start but Kinect is the biggest joke ever created. I wouldn't play on that garbage if you paid me. I play games to relax not jump about like a complete moron having some sort of seizure.

Also I live in a pretty big house bit there is not one room in my house where I could use that garbage. At least with the Wiimote you could still use it whilst sitting on your bed or in a chair.

Someone really needed to tell those clowns that designed it that not all of us live in big open plan American style houses.

As for the games total shovelware of the first order. Heck they make the Wii games look good.

I would love to know just how many Kinects are still being used once the novelty wore off after 5 minutes and everyone reallsed just how garbage it really is.

Another reason why I hate that garbage is because MS has stopped making games for the 360 so they can concentrate on making games for that garbage.

If MS are not careful they are going to lose the hardcore  gamers that made them.

Here is a perfectly true story. My sister who knows nothing about gaming wanted to try this motion control so she went and got her family a PS3 and MOVE as even she could tell that is Kinect looked like total garbage of the first order and didn't fancy jumping about like an idiot playing games.

[quote user="ILOVEBAY0n37T4"]

I have said this from the start but Kinect is the biggest joke ever created. I wouldn't play on that garbage if you paid me. I play games to relax not jump about like a complete moron having some sort of seizure.

Your opinion but that doesn't mean it 's the worst system. Kinect is a advanced system and made a major good sale.

Also I live in a pretty big house bit there is not one room in my house where I could use that garbage. At least with the Wiimote you could still use it whilst sitting on your bed or in a chair.

So your lazy like everyone else?

Someone really needed to tell those clowns that designed it that not all of us live in big open plan American style houses.

Your don't need a big distance to play Kinect,...

As for the games total shovelware of the first order. Heck they make the Wii games look good.

I would love to know just how many Kinects are still being used once the novelty wore off after 5 minutes and everyone reallsed just how garbage it really is.

Actually few million people still use it. I know lots of who still use the Kinect

Another reason why I hate that garbage is because MS has stopped making games for the 360 so they can concentrate on making games for that garbage.

Microsoft are still making games which is Halo. Microsoft don't make every game >.>...

If MS are not careful they are going to lose the hardcore  gamers that made them.

And? I am a hardcore game and still loving the Xbox.

Here is a perfectly true story. My sister who knows nothing about gaming wanted to try this motion control so she went and got her family a PS3 and MOVE as even she could tell that is Kinect looked like total garbage of the first order and didn't fancy jumping about like an idiot playing games.

Good for you but you don't need to explain your life that you don't like Kinect.

[/quote]

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

Yeah, I can't wait for 3D Holographic Heads-Up-Display's (HUD) on games...

[/quote]

OMG, just thinking of that makes me excited! I'm always excited about 3D stuff.

I kind of grew tired of the games themselves, although Kinect Sports is a great game to play with friends over.  I can definitely see them branch out and make the Kinect work with games, along with a controller.  It's definitely not a failure, as we haven't seen all that it's capable of doing yet.

I do also have to say, that people get a chubby for banging on this product.