Operation Racoon City gameplay footage (It's terrible)

Link here

Between this and the awful looking 'DmC' it seems Capcom have well and truly jumped the shark. They've jumped it so HARD that they'd put Henry Winkler to shame.

'Hey, how about instead of having our games carve out there own distinct niche why don't we just emulate western titles and try and piggy-back on the success of Gears et al? Who needs originality, right?'

Basically, it's the most derivative and uninspired RE entry yet. Gears of Zombies, essentially.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

looks perfect to me for the type of game it is. More like Socom than Gears of War IMO

Looks like Socom witch to me is perfect.

OP knows nothing.

You guys actually think that a Resident Evil SOCOM game is a good thing? Why not just play SOCOM? Tactics don't mean a lot when your main enemy is zombies.

As it is this game is only discernible from the millions of other squad based shooters because of the Resident Evil brand. Generic is the only word for it really. From that 30 minute video I couldn't find a single gameplay element that hasn't been done to death already.  There is no sense of urgency or horror in its design either.

So Mr Puck Yeah, if I truly know nothing then tell me in no more than 200 words why this game looks good.

I just realised what this game reminds me of. Lost Planet.

Yeah looks pretty whack to me but no doubt i will buy it because my freind will be buying it.  The sound effects from the origanal game do sound awful.  Not sure wait for the reviews

[quote user="zfair899"]

You guys actually think that a Resident Evil SOCOM game is a good thing? Why not just play SOCOM? Tactics don't mean a lot when your main enemy is zombies.

As it is this game is only discernible from the millions of other squad based shooters because of the Resident Evil brand. Generic is the only word for it really. From that 30 minute video I couldn't find a single gameplay element that hasn't been done to death already.  There is no sense of urgency or horror in its design either.

So Mr Puck Yeah, if I truly know nothing then tell me in no more than 200 words why this game looks good.

[/quote]

No I do not think it is a bad thing, also As some one else says it look to be  a bit like lost planet.

Your reasoning it's like saying go play GT5 instead of Forza, or Play Teken instead of Streetfighter, or play left for dead instead of dead rising. ect ect ect.

Granted you don't like it but that does not mean others won't.

never played socom what is it like if anything?

[quote user="Private Maximo"]

[quote user="zfair899"]

[/quote]

No I do not think it is a bad thing, also As some one else says it look to be  a bit like lost planet.

Your reasoning it's like saying go play GT5 instead of Forza, or Play Teken instead of Streetfighter, or play left for dead instead of dead rising. ect ect ect.

Granted you don't like it but that does not mean others won't.

[/quote]

But Dead Rising and L4D are nothing alike (although this title is clearly more than a little bit derived from the latter). The car simulator genre isn't particularly vast either, whereas squad based shooters are ubiquitous on both consoles at the moment. So no, my reasoning is nothing like that. It's a genre that is particularly over-saturated right now and it doesn't bode well for this series that Capcom are trying to cash in on it this late in the game.

The problem with this game is that it's so hopelessly uninspired. It's the SOCOM template copypastad onto a zombie game. 

I was the one who pointed out the LP similarity btw. Both games have the same flimsy strafing third person shooting thing going on

you just try to force your opinion on everyone don't you