Open Tray

I need help with an 360 arcade 60gb that i got for my son and the person that i got it from said it work just fine so when i try to use it i put the game in and all it dose is reading and then it says open tray and that's it with every game that i own HELP ME PLEASE !!!! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there THEDARKONE68,

-

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the XBOX360 you got for your son. It sounds like the previously owned 360 you bought seems to not work properly. It could be an issue with the laser since it's not reading any games. My advice would be to return the XBOX360 if possible and purchase from a retailer that at-least offers a guarantee of a fully working console. A lot of people buy these pre-owned consoles from people instead of stores and they often have issues with the consoles working properly.

-

Have you tried removing the hard drive from the console and trying to play a game? The hard drive is located on the left hand side on the console. If this doesn't work, you'll need to either return the console to the seller, purchase a new or different XBOX360, or you have the option for a repair. Since this console is 2nd hand and is over the warranty you would need to pay for any repairs which would probably be about $99. You can look into repairs here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.