Open tray error...

Running a 360 elite... open tray errors alot... sometimes takes upto 30 min to play game. immaculate games (brand new out of package) dont work sometimes.. some DVDs dont work at all..  not format issues... been told prob laser issue?????

my standard warranty expired in Jan/2011

whats the avg cost of this? should I just take it to EB or something and swap out or what?

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

If your console is out of warranty, you can still use this site to set up a repair, which will cost around $99.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have the same issue on a older model 360. i received a pop up of new update plus a kinetic update, then the

following week i get a open tray error while the game is inside. i tried all the troubleshooting steps and still nothing the

game just spins then stops. it doesn't help  the system is out of warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.

its costs about 100 if your fill out the repair on xbox.com its about 110 if you do the repair over the phone

Sorry this didn't help.

of course I did. Have you read the question? I was looking for a cost. not a fix. I know what the problem is...instead of just sifting through this trash website to look for the cost i was hoping for a quick answer.. im surprised you didnt try and just sell me a new xbox with your generic answer. why dont you just direct me to a repair link that already has me agreeing to the 99$ fee? These forums suck, they used to be useful. every post now just shuffles everyone off to either replace their hardware, buy the OFFICIAL Ms item X, read the stickies (which suck and are barely useful.... Really? clean my disc....thanks..)  The market of who is buying video games is not 70 year old ladies and 11 year old children.. its middle aged people, mostly men, mostly whom have been playing video games since Nintendo...

thanks for nothing. I look forward to getting an email for a reply asking me to just try buying a microsoft branded hd transfer system and go to a new console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you read the sticky thread on this topic?

Sorry this didn't help.