Online Multiplayer Connection Issues.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? San Antonio, TX
Modem brand & model number:
Ubee U10C019/UC10C020 (replaced our old Netgear router 2 weeks from post)
Router brand & model number:
Same (router/modem)
Network Connection Type:
Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
WPA2
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
White (black is on order)
Things you have tried: Changing wireless channels (started at 11 and an currently on 3); connecting the 360 with an ethernet cable; calling Time Warner to validate no issues are present with router.
Is UPnP Enabled? No
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: See Test Xbox Live Connection below
What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 48E0

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

--------------------------------------------

Basically, I connect to XBL with no issues, but the second I attempt to play any multiplayer game online (COD: BO, Crysis 2, and Battlefield 2 were my sample games), my internet seems to crawl it's way through the traffic before disconnecting me from XBL altogether.  What's weird to me, however, is that Netflix plays with little to no issues (unless that isn't weird to the rest of you more technically savvy network folks).

What other things can I check and/or what things am I missing to solve this issue?  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you all very much.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Sounds like your having NAT issues, even though your NAT is reported as open.

Try enabling UPnP, see if that  helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I enabled UPnP and reset my router, but the problem still persists.

Hopefully to be more descriptive (and helpful), playing online multiplayer in COD: BO among other games is not the only issue I am experiencing: I also cannot join or create a party with my friends because of "possible network problems" as Microsoft states.

What's more, though, is that my XBL connection test passes with flying colors (no NAT issue to speak of) and my wireless connection is consistently 3 or all 4 bars.  Both inSSIDer and my router confirm my dBm rating is in the high 50's and low 60's, so I am having trouble locating the issue... I read that port forwarding may be a remedy, but my system literally worked flawlessly 48 hours ago...

It shouldn't matter, but I feel it necessary to mention that this router broadcasts 802.11b/g, and off the top of my head, I don't remember if the white wireless network adapter works sufficiently with these bands/frequencies. (I have the black, dual-antenna one on order).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.