ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS?!

i dont agree that multiplayer achievements are bad to be honest, i think most (NOT ALL lol) people that say that just dont like or arnt good at it and still want all the achievements on the game, i think if they are balanced properly then they are good, for example get 10,000 knife kills while spinning backwards and telling everyone else in the lobby they suck = bad achievement, get 20 kills with each weapon = good achievement, because like all achievements it should encourage you to play all the game even bits you perhaps wouldnt normally not every achievement online has to ruin the game and if done properly they dont (by ruin i mean cause people to play in such a way that it effects the result of the game just for personal achievements), its good to reward people with achievements not just rank in that particular game, and for people that dont want to play online just to get the achievement.. well then you dont get the achievement. people like to play different ways some like single player some like multiplayer and some like both, so i think achievements should reflect that. discuss :D

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It depends on the game, some online Cheevos I've enjoyed trying to get like  on the Teansformers games. Others such as tomb raider I've had no interest it. It all comes down to how much your bothered about getting the 1000g. Personally am not that bothered and will settle for 800/1000 point or whatever without getting the online ones.

[quote user="UnchargedTerror"]

Also they turn off the servers after a while too which is annoying

[/quote]

Yep, right now I think I have 1-2 games that I will never be able to complete because companies turned the servers off. I will never be able to achieve full completion now. I am annoyed by it as well.

Also they turn off the servers after a while too which is annoying

[quote user="Guns and Horses"]
i dont agree that multiplayer achievements are bad to be honest, i think most (NOT ALL lol) people that say that just dont like or arnt good at it and still want all the achievements on the game, i think if they are balanced properly then they are good[/quote]
you say that like every game released has a huge amount of players daily, monthly, yearly. not so.

consoles have a long life span as do the games, i can buy a game now that will not have enough players for me to say.... get the "win a level with a group of 5 others" achievement.

there are many multi-player achievements that are simply not possible to get within a matter of weeks of a games release and it is because of that, that there should never be online achievements in any game.

So no….. a BIG thumbs down to online achievements.

I don't agree with online achievements. I feel sorry for people who don't either have A. Xbox live so they have no way of completing and obtaining the full 1000G and B. the people who just don't have anybody on their friends list who also has that game (for co-op achievements)

Might no be a number for much loner a ms said there going to reward people

[quote user="Acolyte N5"]

IMO, I Would rather not have online achievements as they just encourage boosting

[/quote]

This.

Just leave achievements for the single player and have leaderboards for online, fastest laps, kills etc etc ... mind you people still end up exploiting them some way lol. 

I would rather they had funny and random achievements just to promote playing the game for the right reasons. It's just a number people!

If they are going to do online achievements, don't switch the servers off.

IMO, I Would rather not have online achievements as they just encourage boosting