Ongoing list of issues that's souring my experience

I purchased what I was shown to be a true all-in-once entertainment hub. I got so excited that I sold off my 360 and PS3 since I wouldn't need them with this.
However, what I have received is a half baked product that will supposedly get better over time. I'll take your word for it but you need to come to the table with timelines if you want me to believe such.
The following issues are really hindering my experience with the XB1. Since this is the official support forum, my expectation is that a representative will address such:
1. Netflix viewing is consistently poor quality. Worse than the 360 ever was. I use my AppleTV for my netflix viewing now. What's your plan to ensure the XB1 quality in on par with competing devices?

2. HBOGO is no where to be seen. This was a game changer for my household. Other apps are also missing. How did you manage to not work with these app providers ahead of time to make sure they'll be ready for Day 1 or at least week 1?
3. BluRay 24hz and lip sync issues. I don't need a reason. Just when they'll be fixed. 

4. Controller disconnects. I can be playing any game and randomly my controller will disconnect and connect again. Multiple controllers exhibit the same behavior. What's my course of action here?
For a $500 device, I expect a better product and service. If there is not an eta on these issue, please let me know what my course of action is for a refund. I'll happily revisit the product down the road when it's matured to a point usability.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Robert,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console.

To address each of your questions:

• The content provided through the Netflix App is provided by Netflix. I would recommend trying our Poor Streaming quality troubleshooter or getting in touch with Netflix Support

• Not all apps were available at launch but we are continuing to grow our entertainment app portfolio for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360. You can find the full list of expected apps for Spring 2014 in this Xbox Wire article.

• We’re aware of an issue some may see with 24Hz Blu-ray playback on certain TVs. We’re working to improve this experience in a future update. If you’re encountering this issue, we recommend disabling 24Hz playback, and turning off any motion processing on your TV

• If you're having issues with controllers not staying connected, I would recommend checking out the Controller Doesn't Maintain Connection section of our Xbox One Wireless Controller troubleshooting article.

If you are still desiring a refund, you will need to speak with the retailer you purchased from to discuss your options.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.