Ongoing issue with chat.

This is a problem I've been having since the very first update and it's driving me nuts. I have 2 Xbox One consoles, 4 controllers, and 2 headsets that came with each system. For whatever reason, chat just stops working. And it's random. The mute light works and I get an audio sound when turning the volume all the way up. Sometimes I can hear people through the headset, other times it comes through the TV. Either case, nobody can hear me using the headset. So I have to switch the Kinect on just to chat, which I hate. It affects both consoles at random times. Both headsets at random times. And all 4 controllers at random times. If chat stops working on one console, it doesn't matter which combination of the 4 controllers or 2 headsets I use, it doesn't work on that console. But it will work on the other console. Then, it will randomly start working again and everyone can hear me fine. Until it does it again. Or it stops working on the other console. Yes I've tried doing the hard reset multiple times and all 4 controllers are updated. Not that it should matter because like I said, this problem has been ongoing since before the update for the controllers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm also having an issue with the party chat functionality. My system will let me join a party but I cannot hear my party talking nor can the other members of the party hear me. I've tried doing the factory reset multiple times and have updated my controllers yet the problem still exist. It doesn't matter if I use my headset or try to use the kinect. Nothing can be heard by either party. Please let me know what I have to do to rectify this situation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I figured something out. Apparently it has something to do with both consoles being in standby mode, and signing in on both of them at different times. If I'm upstairs playing games and I come downstairs, the Xbox downstairs automatically recognizes me and signs me in. Then when I go back upstairs, I have to sign back in on that Xbox. I believe this is when the chat stops working upstairs. But I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact moment it stops. From that point on, nothing I do upstairs will fix the chat. I think it's because the console downstairs is what's causing the problem upstairs even though I'm no longer signed in downstairs. I guess the console still thinks I'm there somehow? I don't know. Anyway, last night what I did was go downstairs and turn that console completely off. No standby. Went back upstairs and did a hard reset and boom, chat is working again upstairs. Obviously having both consoles on standby mode and signing in to both consoles back and forth somehow messes up the chat. I'm now going to keep the downstairs console off. No standby. I'll keep this thread updated to see if this fixes the problem permanently.

Sorry this didn't help.

And now I'm posting replies on my sons profile? :D

Sorry this didn't help.

This is better...

Sorry this didn't help.