One Time Gamertag Change For Others!

Hello,

I have been on Xbox Live since it initially opened up (11 year tenure), and I have since decided I'd like to change my gamertag to something new since my taste has also changed in over a decade! I have never once changed my gamertag, so I feel if new customers are able to receive one new gamertag change, we (as long time supporters and customers) should be able to avoid the $10 fee to change it once as well! Hopefully, we can be helped with this, as it's a pretty small favor to ask after years of subscriptions! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

At one time everyone had a free change however you also used to be able to pick your starting Gamertag. However it has since changed so that the sytem gives you an auto genrated tag when you create the account. You then have 30 days to use a free name change or you will have to pay.

I can completely understand you wanting to change your gamertag for free but sadly Xbox isn't going to grant you that wish. Changing your gamertag is already cheap as it is and very much worth itif you can come up with a sweet gamertag! :)