One of these 2 CoD clan members threaten they can hack my account.

I don't remember which clan member was saying it, but these 1 of these 2 gamertags [Removed by Moderator] were insulting me because I was in AoD. Then one of them said he has my IP address and can steal my account now. I threatened to report them both, which I did do, and the one guys said he doesn't care because he has 30 accounts anyways. In any case, Microsoft, could you keep an eye out and see if they do anything stupid? Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They said this across the in-game chat. I don't know of you keep records of these.

You can't name users in the forums for the sake of name and shame.  In the event somebody does steal your account try contacting a moderator keep all your account info in a private and secure location.

A Microsoft Customer Service rep TOLD ME to name them in the forums so that moderators could monitor them.

[quote user="AoD ManBear"]A Microsoft Customer Service rep TOLD ME to name them in the forums so that moderators could monitor them.[/quote]

They were wrong to do so,nobody on this site can do anything to help you or monitor them.

Then, let's shift the discussion? How real is hacking people who don't give out any information? I understand some people get hacked by being conned into releasing information. What about the people who are just plain threatened to be hacked because somebody learned how to find my IP address?

you cannot be hacked through your ip address,all the can do is a ddos attack which needs to be reported to your isp not microsoft.

people who threaten to hack you do not have the ability to do so,if they did they would just do it without warning.

[quote user="AoD ManBear"]A Microsoft Customer Service rep TOLD ME to name them in the forums so that moderators could monitor them.[/quote]Unfortunately support tend to do this when they are unable to help, rather than just admit they can't they send people to the forum. Regardless of if they can actually get the help here and ignoring the rules of the forum.

The forum has a no name and shame rule because we as general users don't know who is telling the truth. For all I know you could be simply trying to get a couple of innocent gamers in trouble.

Also the forum moderators are just volunteers. They are regular germs just like you and me, they don't work for Microsoft and have no power of Enforcement.

The only way to report those players would be through your console. 

You can't be hacked. You can be socially engineered of phished by clicking on bad links or filling out your information such as your email and password on non MS sites, but noone can outright hack you. Just keep your email/password on this site/your Xbox and you are fine.

"Regular Germs"? I knew I shouldn't be posting when I am ill.