One obsticle after another - Microsoft Accounts

Hey all, I'd really appreciate some help with this.

I currently have a primary email address connected to this account (MindedCobra94) which I don't even use. Honestly, I don't know why I made it, but now I'd like to disconnect myself from it, and connect my primary email address to my primary Gamertag; Nukawin. 

I understand this can't really be done on the Xbox One, so I'm using my 360. However, at least 4 times or more now, I keep getting an error message, saying that Xbox cannot do the change right now, go to xbox.com/accountswap for further info. I did so, but nothing there really explained what I was dealing with. 

SO, I tried making a new email address entirely, just to link it to MindedCobra94... And I still got the error.

After that, I decided to talk directly with Microsoft regarding this.... And I'm even having problems there. Before the Chat begins, I'm asked to supply my name and email... I can't type in my name, or edit my email - It won't let me??

Really getting frustrated with this. All I want is to remove a primary email address from a dead Gamertag, but I keep getting errors. The emails I'm using in replacement aren't connected to any gamertags (I've tried them just to be certain of it and none are linked). Help would be greatly appreciated with this. Thanks in advanced!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
Answer

In the meantime try the link below for help with moving the tag.  Be sure to pay attention to the things that might prevent moving it.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.