One minute there, the next minute gone...

HELLO ALL! The Punk's here to talk to you about the age old threat that rears it's ugly head once more in the great world of online gaming. Hacking. No, we're not talking about modding, j-tagging xboxes, or adding turbo to controllers... We're talking about your account. Just today my friend (remaining nameless duh) got hacked. He plays all hours of the day everyday, so this hack was timed, it was quick, it was efficient, and it was simple.

Here are the mistakes he made which led to him losing his xbox live account.

NUMBER 1: His windows live I.D. (ehrgo hotmail or live.com email) was THE SAME (for all intents and purposes, with the exception of "_") as his GAMERTAG.

NUMBER 2: His password was a short, commonly used phrase (internet lingo like "LOL" or "WTF") containing no other characters than simple alphanumeric.

NUMBER 3: He was aggressive online, rude to people at times, and too trusting of others.

For number three just remember this simple ideal. "YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN!"

So, wondering what people do with these hacked accounts? They sell em, here's how it goes down.

in some way they gain access to your account, this could be by you loggin your account info in a non accredited by microsoft website. Ok, seriously people, if ANY LEGIT SITE is giving out something for free, they WILL NOT ask for your account info, so the free MSP (Microsoft Points) you got that was so cool! yeah, you used that code and their glad to spend $5-$10 giving it to you, cause your profile will net them from $30-$20,000! Think about it, you put in your info, you get the code, you use the code, so they know the account is valid cause they can check if the code was used. then they take your account info, log into an xbox, change your windows live ID and password to something for themselves, then they start going through your personal info, your credit card info (and if it's mommy or daddy's card on there, that's when they make the big bucks.)......... ARE YOU GETTING MY POINT!?!?!?!

Here's what you do to protect yourself..

1st: come up with a complicated email that really makes no sense whatsoever that you can physically write down somewhere for YOUR EYES ONLY!

2nd: Next come up with an equally astounding mess of a password that contains numbers, upper and lowercase letters, and symbols (%$#@$%#&$*&)

3rd: Remember that you can save this all automatically on your xbox 360, so the next thing to do is use the xbox live pass code on your box to keep prying eyes from seeing the info. (Sad to say most hacks are by friends. he/she was your buddy, you pissed them off at some point, now they wanna get back at you)

I love Xbox Live, and I love gaming in general. It's a social world I can be a part of in a time of my life when I can't just go out and hang with friends. For those of you honest gamers that just wanna have fun, please, PLEASE, protect yourself!

(The image associated with this post is of the person that got hacked. as it is currently under the review of Microsoft I have omitted the names of both the offender and the victim. use the buttons  "ctrl"  "+" to zoom in and look at what these kinda people do when they get your account.  )

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello Evasive! If you can still log into your account on xbox.com then yes, you can recover everything you had! Even better, when you do, everything on your old xbox will no longer be active! it's called transferring licenses. First, recover your gamertag on your new xbox 360. next, sign in via this website and go to the my account page. Under the section device management you'll see a link for transferring licenses. follow that process to a "t" and all your purchases (excluding some video content for copyright reasons) will have their licenses transferred from your old (stolen) xbox 360 to your new one. then it's just a matter of downloading everything you had, which can be found either by using the purchase history on your box, or even easier, using the purchase history section on your "My Account" page and queing up your downloads. Microsoft has strived to make access media and prepping your xbox for gaming as easy as browsing the web. any content you purchase or set for download can immediately be qued on your xbox 360 and downloaded as soon as it turns on and you are logged into the appropriate gamertag. when my first gen box red-ringed i just used the website and kept my new xbox on and everytime the list was clear, i would "recover another several pieces of content via the purchase history and download queing. Hope this helps! Thanks for writing in!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have a question ...if my xbox was stolen but i can still log onto my account through the computer ..does that mean that i can download again all the games that i had saved up it again later on to a new xbox counsol¿? considering i changed the password on the account ? or is it still lost?¿

Sorry this didn't help.

VapourRz - please contact Phone Support to file an Unauthorized Access claim: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Someone stole my gamertag His name is ECHO Xvenom please can i get tons of people to send him a message saying give SGTKIKZOAZZHOLE his other account [SGTKIKZOAZZ] back.

Sorry this didn't help.

my account has been taken and someone has bought 6000 msp on it! i need to contact someone or get advice on how to stop this because i cant get on the account anymore???????????

Sorry this didn't help.

Your use of the word 'hacking' is completely wrong. This isn't 'hacking'.

Sorry this didn't help.

This page will give everyone a good starting point for safety, not only on the LIVE service, but really anywhere within the Windows LIVE ID world. Oh, and there is not such thing as a "points generator."

-Jim

Sorry this didn't help.