one gold account two xbox (maybe family account soon)

Is using a usb drive really the only way to easily use two xbox systems in one house? Has this been fixed?

After I get a family account so they could use netflix while I'm playing on the other unit if I wanted to have the same content on both it looks like I need to buy the content on the secondary box and then "recover" it on the box only I use. Is this the only way or does someone have a better solution?

Thanks for your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="ws6fire2"]After I get a family account so they could use netflix while I'm playing on the other unit if I wanted to have the same content on both it looks like I need to buy the content on the secondary box and then "recover" it on the box only I use. Is this the only way or does someone have a better solution?[/quote]

You've got a pretty good understanding of how the licensing works. If you buy something, such as an Xbox Live Arcade game, it is licensed for your profile to use on any Xbox 360 while you are signed in to Xbox Live, and is licensed for the first console you download it on (for all profiles, including offline use).

So if you have a "primary" console that only you use, and a "secondary" one that the whole family shares, it would be simplest to buy and download things on the secondary console. That way, every user on the console can use it regardless of whether you are logged in, and you can use it on the primary console by re-downloading it (not re-buying it). The only complication would be if that primary console is not normally connect to Live-- it has to be, for this plan to work.

As for Netflix: once the console is authorized for your Netflix account, you need to have a Gold account signed in on the console to use Netflix, but it doesn't have to be your Gold account. If you buy the Family Pack and upgrade your family's profiles to Gold, they'll be able to use Netflix on the secondary console while your profile is on the primary console doing something else.

Using a USB stick to move your profile between consoles is, itself, a fix for having to "recover" your profile every time you move between consoles. There's currently no way other than those two methods. (The USB stick option is also a substitute for the original 360 consoles' proprietary Memory Units, since the slots for those were removed from the 360S console re-design.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

An account can not be on 2 xboxes at the same time. So you'd either have to recover your account each time, use a USB drive, or move your hard drive. The USB is the best suggestion because it's the easiest and least likely to cause an issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.