One Email, Two Passwords, Two Profiles, Mass Confusion

I have a pretty tricky situation here..... It might be pretty hard to explain but I will do my best because frankly, I'm out of logical explanations and I just want all the help and advice I can get because this situation has been plaguing me for a couple years now and I am fed up.

So a couple years ago I thought someone else may have been using my account. We removed the card from the account and switched some user information. The problem stopped. all was good. BUT, ever since then I have been completely unable to log into a Microsoft Windows ID from my Xbox. I went to the Windows Live website and got my password reset and when I went to go link my gamertag (hadn't done that yet) on Xbox.com, the process was really confusing and somehow I ended up creating a free profile (the one im using to post this now) instead of linking to my real one. I decided "screw it" and never messed with it again. I ignored the problem for a solid 2 years.

So now here is the current situation.

I really want to start using the Rockstar Social Club for GTA5 but it requires you to sign in with a Windows account linked to a gamertag. So now I knew I would have to cross paths once again with this problem. On my Xbox Live account it says its tied to a Windows Live Account under "Email X." I tried and tried and tried to enter the password but every one I tried is "invalid." I got off the Xbox and got onto the computer. I went to both Windows Live AND Xbox.com and logged in perfectly fine under "Email X" with a password that I tried several times on my Xbox to no effect. So basically in short the problem is that my one Email (Email X) is somehow tied to both my real account on my Xbox and my fake free account on Xbox.com. But the password only works on xbox.com.

Jesus tell me how does that make sense? its a completely [MOD REMOVED] situation.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

Hey there Stackable,

Really sorry to hear you've been having issues with your account.

With account weirdness like this, your best option would be to contact Phone Support. They are best equipped to help you get into your account and sort things out.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.