On my second copy of NBA 2k14 and still getting a disc unreadable popup

Hi everyone,

Here is my issue.  I purchased my first copy of NBA 2k14 this morning and when I got home the game would start but then a little bit after it would freeze and a popup would say disc is unreadable, now remember this is a brand new copy.  So I tried again and I got the same thing, so I went back to gamestop and they gave me a replacement disc.  So once again I get home and it starts up and I start to play a game and then bam it happens again.  I have cleared my cache, unplugged my usb flash drive and everything.  This is only happening with this game, gta is playing just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hey there Drkness! Let's see what we can do to figure things out.

It's possible that both of those discs were from a bad batch. Do you have a friend or family member that has an Xbox 360 console who wouldn't mind letting you try the NBA 2k14 disc on their console? If the disc continues to give disc read errors on a completely different console, it sounds like the disc itself is bad. I would suggest taking it back to the store again and have them try it on their console so they can see what you see.

Let us know if you're able to try the disc on another console and we'll be waiting to hear from you. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This exact same thing is happening to me and I don't know why. I've tried everything microsoft and 2k has been able to tell me and nothing works. the first disc I had was totally unrecognizable. the second disk is sometimes recognized by my xbox but will not play and will not install past 12%. all of my other games work fine. old games, new games, including GTA V.  I don't have another xbox around to try the disc on. I just want to play the game. or get my money back at this point. Can't wait to switch to PS4

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there tarheel,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues playing your game.

If none of the suggestions from either us or 2K games has been able to sort things out and this issue is only happening with 2K14, I would highly recommend getting in contact with the retailer you purchased from to pursue a refund. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I just started having the ame problem this morning with nba 2k14 I put in madden 25 and it worked fine I must say its something with the game or company cause this same thnag happen with nba 2k12... I have no scratches on my copy and not working

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mr. To avoid commandeering this thread, please go ahead and create a new thread, and we will be there to assist.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is happening to me to, i have wasted atleast 50,000 VC in myteam bcuz it loads and then freezes.

Sorry this didn't help.