On going battle!!

My nephew and I have an ongoing battle on how his Xbox is hooked up! Question is the wireless adapter for the Xbox plugs into my internet router - but he insist that the unit (Xbox adapter MUST be plugged into the walls electrical outlet directly - can it be plugged into a power strip coming from the outlet or does it have to be plugged into the wall outlet for some unforeseen reason? 

Frustrated Uncle  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Plugging into a power strip should be just fine as long as it's a good one and the wall outlet is properly grounded. Many of the power strips come with surge protection, which would help if you were to ever get a power surge (it would keep the stuff plugged into it safe).

As long as it's made by a reputable company, there is no discernible difference between plugging into a wall or a power strip.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All the wireless adapters Ihat I  have used and seen plug into the conole itself...there is no physical connection to plug them into either a router or the wall. Assuming that we are talking the same thing: the Xbox wireless adapter is a small piece of hardware with one or two antennas.  They have two male connectors...one on the left on on the right.  They plug into the back left-hand of the console.  They  have a small usb cord that plugs into a matching usb port on the rear of the console.  I have no idea why your nephew thinks the adapter will plug into a wall outlet or power strip.  But all this assumes that we are talking about the same "wireless adapter."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.