On Demand GTAV install issues

I have tried to install this game twice now...did the original install, then started the game downloaded all the updates. Now just says "downloading" in bottom left of screen. Nothing in active downloads any longer....Restarted the game as I left it in this state  for several hours. Now it gave me the message "gtav game data is corrupt or missing" and continues with the "downloading" message in bottom left of screen. Still nothing showing in active downloads....really bad if I need to try to download and install this for the third time for $60....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 190 Applies to:

Hey there

Please could you clear system coach by:

1.Going to your Xbox 360 dashboard

2.Sign into your Account

3.Scroll right until you come to settings

4.Click onto storage

5.Hover over the device that your game is downloaded to

6.Press Y

7.Follow the instructions on screen

If this doesn't work then you can see if the game is in your recent downloads. You can do this by:

1.Pressing your guide button in the middle of the controller

2.Scroll untill you see download history

3.Click on it

4.See if GTA V is there

If its there, you will be able to delete the game from your memmory and try installing it again. You can do this by going into your recent downloads or your download history. You should not have to re pay for the game, you may want to check with support first about paying for a game that you have already paid for. You may want to check this before continuing with the step above 'deleting the game and re installing it'

You may also want to make sure that you have enough memory on your device that you are downloading it to. You will need an 8GB of space with an additional 650 KB for game saves.

I hope this helps, if not, please be sure to post back here

Reg

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been having the same problems too, One of my packs were accidentally deleted and now when i get on i get the same messages "gtav game data is corrupt or missing" then it just stays at the download screen, while not downloading anything.  I've tried to re download many times and still the 2nd pack won't load back, what a waste !

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey G STRING HERO,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your GTA V install.

I would try these steps in this order for re-downloading that game:

1. Delete all the GTA V install packs
  2. Clear your system cache
  3. Restart your console
  4. Download the game from your Download History

Please let us know how that goes.

If those steps don't help sort this out, please go ahead and create a new thread so that we don't commandeer this one and can provide you with individual support. Please be sure to include any error codes/messages you see, a detailed description of your issue, and the troubleshooting steps that you've taken. 

Sorry this didn't help.