Older Xbox 360 controllers on Xbox 360 E

I have been using Xboxes since the beginning and currently have 4 Xbox 360's (Original Black Elite, Original White, Slim and E).  I was moving from the Original White to an E model and I am finding that my old White wireless controllers are not connecting to the E model.  I tried 4 different white controllers I was using with the original White and Black Elite.  None will sync up to the E Model.  Is this a change in the E Models (new controllers type only from the Slim and E models)?  Has there been changes to the controllers firmware over time that would prevent them from working with the E Model (how do I know which ones will/will not work if I look at the model info inside the battery compartment).

I was thinking I could get e newer console and still use all the accessories...is there more I should know about before I replace my other older ones?

Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

All 360 controllers work with all 360 consoles dunno why you are having issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I think I have isolated it to the battery packs I purchased (4800mAh NiMH).  When I put regular batteries in the AA battery cases, they worked like they should.  These battery packs are only working correctly with the new type controllers...the old controller turn on with the batteries but don't sync with any of my Xboxes (tested on the white and black elite).  Very strange.  I just got the batteries at Christmas and that is when I got the E Model 360 so it was coincidental that it all happened then.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft actually did change the battery packs around 2006 or 2007 if I recall correctly so that would indeed by your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.