old xbox to new xbox

my wife bought me a new xbox 360 because my old one was starting to act funny how do i put my profile on my new xbox

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This is actually a very quick process.  I suggest using the XBOX 360 Transfer Cable Kit, which you can buy at any gaming retail store, such as Gamestop and Walmart.  To use the Transfer Kit, you must still have the old hard drive that contains your profile and game saves.  

Here is the process for using the XBOX 360 Transfer Cable Kit:

1) Turn off your current XBOX 360 Console.

2) Make sure you have the old hard drive removed from the old console.

3) Connect the transfer cable to the old hard drive, then plug it into one of the USB ports in the front of the new console.

4) Turn on the new console. If you have the most recent software update for the XBOX 360, you will see a message pop up.  It will read: "Transfer cable detected. Do you want to transfer content now?"

5) Choose "Yes, transfer to console."

6) Select "Start" to begin the transfer.

If you have any DLC, there is an extra process you will need to go through to be able to use the downloaded content and games on the new console.  Here it is:

1) Sign into XBOX Live on your XBOX Live Profile.

2) Go to the Settings tab on the Dashboard.

3) Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

4) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.

I hope this helps you with everything that you needed.  If you need any extra help, feel free to follow up with this post and I will try to help you as best as possible.  Here is the support page if you need any extra help. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/set-up-transfer-cable

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Go on your new Xbox 360 and press your guide button and click download profile.  Then license transfer, so you can get any DLC you downloaded on your old Xbox to your new one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.