Old XBOX 360 harddrive into Slim XBOX 360 Harddrive

I've recently got BF4 and Titanfall. Couldn't play either games because of a required harddrive. I don't understand why MS would create the slim xbox with a flash drive, I feel like EA and MS worked together to rob us of our money. Not putting 20gb or 60gb harddrives for the slim. Recently I've called Xbox canada to complain about their ability to rob us out of our money and not giving us other options to play without using so much money on useless things.The employee who picked up the phone and spoke to me. He agreed with my statement and I asked if i could use my old harddrive for my new one. He said it was okay, as long as i didn't flash it or run any homebrew. My friends have been playing on their old harddrives on their slims for about 23 months. I was wondering if it was okay on the web as it was on the phone.

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Nope it is against the terns of service to mod the fat drive to be used in the slim systems.  Only the 250 and 320 gig drives are the only authorized hard drives for the slim.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Then why is my friends who have used the fat drive for slim for almost 2 years never been banned, they told me ms is only saying this because they want to make more money for space that we don't need. Xbox's support line told me I could use the fat drive, why are you telling me something differently, is the phone service and internet service not on the same page?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can see here that it is a violation - forums.xbox.com/.../4558.aspx

Even though your friends may have been using it fine for a couple of years doesn't mean they may not be banned at some point. It just basically means the enforcement team hasn't caught it yet.

Phone support typically do give incorrect information on a lot of things.

Sorry this didn't help.