Old Xbox 360 Disconnects from Live every 5 minutes compared to New Xbox 360.

I have two xbox's one is decently old it is one of the models that does no have the hdmi port, and a newer one which has.

This problem has been ongoing for a week or so, I disconnect every five minutes with my old one. I checked what kind of NAT I had, it was moderate, yet i disconnected every 5 minutes.

I thought it was my connection but i tried my new xbox in the same location, same wireless adapter and I did not have a single problem with my connection. I had open NAT, no disconnects 100% connection. Taken this is in the same location with same equiptment.

I am just on these fourm to inquire if my older xbox is unable to hang on to the connection anymore, and drops it or maybe there is an internal problem.

Any input is greatly appreciated thanks for reading and hopefully you can get back to me ASAP.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

What type of network hardware are you working with? I've seen different models of Xbox 360 have issues with devices like 2Wire gateways. Also do you have any wireless devices that you use with the Xbox 360? Things like wireless headsets (For example the Turtle Beach X31)?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I work with a dlink, I have enabled universal plug and play. I have had no prior problems with this xbox until a week ago. It has always been open NAT and never disconneted. I do have a wireless headset but as stated before I have had this wireless head set for a long time and never a problem.

I just recently found out my sister changed network channels or something to that degree, That might be the problem it might not because my other xbox still connects flawlessly on this new "channel"?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recommend experimenting with the different channels on the router, to see if that produces the desired results.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your channel got changed to something that the wireless headset uses it could clash. You didn't say what model of headset you have but if it's a Turtle Beach X31 move the transmitter as far away from the Xbox 360 console as you can.

Also make sure your wireless channel is either 1 or 11, that might help.

Sorry this didn't help.