Old (white) Xbox wireless adapter issues

I've had the same adapter for over four years, and it has never had any problems in any locations until recently. I've been using the same connection for two years, at least, and, again no issues. Recently, however, my old adapter has been causing me some severe connection issues for extended periods of time (usually a week), even forcing disconnects from LIVE and lagging out of lobbies in Halo 4 and various Call of Duty games. I switched over to a wired network bridge connection through my wireless desktop, and the issue was resolved. However, I cannot use the bridge consistently due to PC wireless adapter restrictions (shared over two computer). I've also borrowed a friend's new model Xbox, with built-in adapter, and it works normally, as well. My question is: What could be causing this issue, and how can I resolve it short of wasting money on a new adapter?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The new Xbox ( slim ) has a more modern wireless adapter, wich is stronger than the old one. Maybe something new  near ( like a new cordless phone ) your xbox is causing some interference to the wireless signal from the router.

You can try acessing the router´s config page and changing the wireless channel to see if it resolves.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i'd also try moving location of router if thats possible

Sorry this didn't help.

Both Colobus and DavidB67 gave you some great advice; I know many opt to connect their xbox directly into their router with a corded connection if they have an "old school" xbox. If possibly, you might want to try that.

Sorry this didn't help.