Old stuff but HDDVD not working after 6/21 update

After the update my HD DVD player no longer plays any discs I've bought. Yes, I understand this format is considered dead but I have 140 movies that I still like to watch and now it doesn't play a single one. I also have an extra drive I bought just in case one failed and that doesn't work either. Does anybody actually still have an HD DVD drive that's experiencing the same problem? This is kinda of bs if you ask me. I WILL buy a stand alone player and totally ditch my 360 if this is something they did purposely, I refuse to buy Blu ray just because it's Sony and it's a rip off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 121 Applies to:

I have the HD DVD add-on drive. I'll update a console and give it a try this evening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks bud. What it does it change the picture format to 1080p like it's going to play, then craps out back to the apps screen. If yours works and mine doesn't I'll just have to patch it into my PC and run it through the smaller TV for now until I locate a reasonable stand alone player. I love this thing too much to go and reinvest in another format that's not going to make it either. I think physical media is on it's way out for the most part.

Sorry this didn't help.

I take it you are connected over HDMI to your TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just tested my HD-DVD player post update and had no issues with playback.

It was running from an old Elite console bought back in 2008.

I could test it on my newer Slim model if you think it would help.

Sorry this didn't help.

@IceStorm Yes I am. According to my TV manufacturer the TV doesn't support 1080p but it always seemed to switch from p to i lol.

@E MC SQ I myself don't have a slim model either so we can leave that one to rest. Thanks for the feedback though, maybe my 360 just doesn't want to play them anymore. Oddly enough though I was watching Total Recall yesterday and it worked fine, once I shut it off and went to watch Transformers earlier to **** off the people downstairs is when I noticed she played absolutely nothing. Even my spare drive doesn't work and it's never been used other than a test run utill yesterday. :-\ Grr. It's times like this I wish I knew where the disc was.

Sorry this didn't help.