old profile on a new xbox

i got a new xbox and just pluged my hard drive into it and signed in. ok but i needed to sign in on another older account to access some map packs. but it sayed that an email and pasword was required to sign in on another consol. i dont remember that info. and for any regular person like me. its impossable to get that info because you need to prove that your you with what. all that info you dont remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is frustrating. i just want to sign into my other account thats on my hard drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Spacelock, I know you seem extremely frustrated, so we're going to first take a breath, count to 10, and try to solve your problem in the quickest manner here. Now before we get to links and troubleshooting, I want you to know that if you cannot find any of the information for the old account; unfortunately, there is nothing we here can do on the forums!

--

Now to troubleshooting your issue! A couple of questions, first, do you remember the e-mail address at all? If so, please visit this link account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

--

If you do not know any of the information, ie; security questions or anything like that, please fill in the customer application to retrieve your password from Microsoft itself.

--

You can also try calling 1-800-4MYXBOX, and see if they can give you your e-mail address (if you've forgotten your ACTUAL e-mail address itself). They will ask you a few questions to validate that you are the owner, and you can write down your e-mail address when they give it to you. After that, you can visit the link above to reset your password with your new found e-mail!

--

Just a quick reminder again, if you don't know ANY of the information, e-mail, or password, and you cannot provide correct security information then unfortunately you cannot retrieve the gamertag to your new account!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you know. no one told me that there were people out ther who listen to little kids complain that there little bro or sis was using ther account and have no idea how to set simple settings to stop that. now microsoft adds rediculaus amounts of sequrity so its imposable for a regular person to get ahold of there own info because they cant give out persanol info over the phone because the have no idea if the person they are talking to is the owner of that account. so i say there needs to be a sequrity esetting that you can set so that you need to remember nothing to use a damn profile

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this is extremely frustrating, but when you create an account you should be the sole owner of it, nobody else should be allowed to use your e-mail, know your password or any of the sort! Maybe for this new account you can save the information on your phone in your notes, or even better, use information that YOU can remember! Don't make it so complicated that you'll forget in 3-5 years. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

and for those people who say call this #  or visit this website. shut up. that doesnt help.. all i need is the email for the account then i wil be fine cause i will remember the pasword. i use to ba able to sign i and out fine on other consoles then so much sequirity was added so not even a snail could get into there account. the sequrity that is instaled is outragious and there needs to be an option to were you can turn all of it off!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

We cannot provide you with the e-mail for the account, and if you don't remember the e-mail, then you can't have access to the account. My apologies but that's how it works with the security! All of those security validations are there to protect you, and your account from being hacked or tampered with. Please remember for the next time to store your information somewhere safe so if you ever forget like you did today, then you can always get it back! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

its just an email. its like you giving me your email. what am i going to do with it. nothing. because i dont have any other info to use with it. and i cant do any thing with it bacause ther is to much security "PROTECTING" it.

Sorry this didn't help.

We here don't have the power to give you your e-mail on the forums. Like I said, call 1-800-4MYXBOX and tell them that you forgot which e-mail you used for the gamertag you are trying to access, and they will help you from there. That is the only way to get your e-mail back! I'm really sorry for the confusion, but give that number a call and let me know how it goes! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

i did and they sayed this. well we just need the name thats on the account.

me: ok frfrgfjhrffygfg. bla bla bla i give them my name.

them: well thats not the name assosiated with the account. goodbye.

me: wtf what just happened.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately like I said before in my previous post, if you cannot provide Microsoft with the correct information there is nothing more further we can do.

Sorry this didn't help.

alright. i just tried agian and now the computer that is supost to help is hanging up on me. is ther a way i can just have some one call me because i am very disapointed in the help im reciving. i cant talk to an actual person for the life of me.

Sorry this didn't help.