Old gamertag

Hey all, my question is regarding transferring the points and credits from my old xbox360 console. Which has died by the way, to my new cosole. When I first activated new cosole I had to repurchase my xboxlive membership. I am still getting email for my original gamertag onmy pc.  I am wondering how I combine the two accounts points, and history. Or is it possible to use old gamertag and access that info and history from new cosole? I can't access old gamertag or account info from new cosole, when I try it just goes to my new account gamertag, and recent activity? Both accounts were set up using the same widows live id sign in information, and email address but I can't view or access any of the info from my first gamertag .

Any help  or advice will be appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

There is no way two combine two accounts.  

You made a couple of errors when you acquired your new Xbox 360, which can be rectified.

1) A new gamertag requires a UNIQUE Windows Live ID (WLID).  Not one already used by your existing gamertag.  The WLID is what identifies that gamertag from another.  You will need to put a different WLID onto your newly created account.  Here's how:

[quote]

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  2. Go to My Xbox, and select your avatar.
  3. Go to Account Management, and then select Manage Account.

4. Go to Your Information, and then select Windows Live ID.

[/quote]http://support.xbox.com/en-au/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id

Once you have given you new account it's own unique WLID, you will need to recover you're original Xbox Live account onto your new X360. Here's how:

[quote]

Recover your gamertag from Xbox LIVE

You can recover your gamertag if you accidentally delete your profile or if you want to migrate your profile to a new console.

To recover your gamertag, you need an Xbox LIVE account and a Windows Live ID and password.

Important:
  • Any achievements or changes you have made since the account last connected to Xbox LIVE will be lost during the recovery process.
  • Do not recover your gamertag to a friend's console as a convenience when roaming—you could lose your saved games.

To recover a gamertag

1. If you’re signed in to an Xbox LIVE account, press the Guide button, and then press X to sign out. Confirm the change.
  2. Press the Guide button again and select Recover Gamertag

3. Confirm that you want to continue. 

4. Enter your Windows Live ID and password for the account you are trying to recover.

5. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the recovery.

NOTES
  • You can enter information using a USB keyboard, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or your Xbox 360 controller and the on-screen keyboard.
  • For minors, the associated Xbox LIVE adult account credentials are required to complete the procedure. The adult will need his or her own Windows Live ID and a valid email address.

[/quote]http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/gamer-profile

Finally, you will need to transfer the 'Content License' to the new console, in order to access any downloaded content from the older console https://live.xbox.com/en-us/ConsoleLicenseTransfer/Begin

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.