Old console red ringed again. Bought a new console... Password...

Ok...  My console took a crap again, and considering it's from Christmas 2005, I figured I might as well just buy a new one.  All excited.  Bought the gaudy Star Wars console.  Transferred hard drive.  I can't remember my windows live password.  Secret question was about my first car.  I don't know if I wrote year/ make/model, just model, just make???  What else sucks is my first 2 cars were bought within 2 weeks of each other.  That doubles my options.  Already did the instant message support 2x's, and sent in a form to request a password reset sent to a different email.  I have no access to the email I originally set up my system.  So, all I really have is my live id and my credit card info that is linked to the account.  I know my achievements to an extent, and my purchases history. I just renewed my gold membership too, so that is sitting idle right now.  The account I'm using to write this forum is for my Zune account.  I just feel like I'm getting pushed in circles.  I talked  to a woman today from Microsoft... but she wouldn't help me because I don't pay for my Live account???!!!!  I don't know what to do, and I'm disappointed  that I can't use my gamertag to play on xbox live.  Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I still have my old console too, so I can give serial number, manufacture date, stuff like that, and for my new console as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

May I suggest you phone support and explain the problem from the beginning, they can help, just be calm and as truthful as you can be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, support will not be able to help with this issue as they don't keep track of passwords.  

The only option you have is to contact support for the email provider and explain your situation to them.  They may be able to help you out.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you've already filled out the reset password form you'd need to wait for the Windows Live Team to contact you. If your answers match up with what they have on the account they will change the information around for you. Unfortunately, if you can't answer the questions correctly that they are asking for on the reset password form then there's really nothing they would be able to do to return the account back to you as they can't prove it was yours. They rely on you being able to answer very specific questions in order to gain access back into your account, specific questions only the original owner of the account would know.

You can also try a multitude of secret question answers that it gave you (make/model for each of the cars in as many different combinations as you'd like), I do believe they lock you out after a certain number of tries but only for a certain amount of hours and you'd be able to try again. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I explained the situation to my old subscriber, and since my old email name was still available, they reactivated the email for ten days... Provided I could answer their security questions and still remembered my old password.  Which I did!!!  I registered a new email, and changed my Live password!!!  Everything is well now, and I'm back to shotgunning Reapers in the face!!!  Thanks for this forum!!!  The rest of xbox support is terrible.  Never talked to so many people who hate their jobs/life...

Sorry this didn't help.

The Windows live support team is absolutely no help. Bought a new XBox360 cause my laser went for a 3rd time now, transferred my data, now it wants my windows live ID passcode which i don't know cause its from 4 years ago an i never had to use it. Why is it so difficult to even get any help! Ya i even filled out out the password recovery and gave an alternate email but it STILL SENDS IT TO THE OLD EMAIL ADRESS! Even with all the credit card info an name an everything , it doesn't do what it says! Can i at least cancel my Crackle and auto renewal ? or do i have to go through my credit card company an have them cancel the billing? This has been a Huge waste of my money and time. It would be nice to actually have the benefit of talking to a live person from Windows live to help resolve my issue *sigh*

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I know Crackle is free for all XBOX Live Gold members to use on their XBOX 360's. As far as the automatic renewal if you can't answer the questions in the recovery form via the Customer Support link then you'd need to contact phone support. They should not need any password to access your account, they do need the e-mail, and the name/address/phone number on the account, they might also ask you for the last 4 digits of the credit card on file, but the questions they ask are different from call to call. If they can't cancel it for you because your unable to answer their questions on the phone then contact your card company to put a stop payment on the Live membership.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would love to contact phone support but for Windows Live there doesn't seem to be a phone number anywhere, and if you contact microsoft  they come off like its a separate entity from microsoft and they just refer you to the password recovery page on windows live which like some1 else said on here keeps you pretty much going in circles. Do you know a # i could try? It would be greatly apreciated my friend.

Sorry this didn't help.

They do not have a telephone number, they only have the website and the account recovery form that says "Customer Support" on there that you can contact them from that's about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear this was resolved, steveclark399. Happy gaming to you!

As this question has been answered I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. o Ratflesh o, if you need further assistance with your question please create a new thread by clicking this link: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx. We will be happy to assist you from there. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.