Old but active games?

I'm a long time CoD3 player (still play online almost daily) and it still has a healthy online population, I wondered if anyone can recommend any other older titles that still have a game or two going? Any genre as I just fancy a change from the routine and tend to find that smaller communities are generally friendlier.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

While I can't think of any disc based releases, I do know that the arcade titles such as the old Magic The Gathering and Castle crashers are still popular and when someone is willing to speak they are, in general, nice groups.

I'm sure there are still people playing the first Gears of War online.

Actually funny you should mention it, I was playing Call of Duty 2 online the other day.. for a launch game back in 2005 it surprised me no end to get straight into a game without a hitch. Enjoyed it as well, it was a right blast from the past..was good playing some of those multiplayer maps again.

I bet Rainbow six 2 is amongst this.  I ain't got my copy to hand but I know that its was always popular.

Forget about any EA games they shut there servers down a couple of years after a games realised, it really is absurd considering they also charge people for an online pass who buy second hand or want a second account you really do get your moneys worth.... not

-

COD 2 has multiplayer?

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

Forget about any EA games they shut there servers down a couple of years after a games realised, it really is absurd considering they also charge people for an online pass who buy second hand or want a second account you really do get your moneys worth.... not

-

COD 2 has multiplayer?

[/quote]

Yep! and 'In My Opinion Of Course' it's still the best COD online ( COD4 comes in a close second ) to date.

Found some people on Bioshock 2 the other day

Lol.. yeah sure does. Was the initial saving grace of the 360 when it launched as well. I finished work on launch day, went into town to get a premium system only to find Game had made every blooming  360 a bundle only option. Ended up having to pick up a "core" system, 256mb memory card, extra controller plus 6/8 games for £686! Looking back out those games now, King Kong, Gun and Perfect Dark Zero etc if it wasn't for the superb Cod 2 I'd have had hardly anything worthwhile to play on!

I think I may re-buy COD3. It was so fun to play.

Cheers folks, some good suggestions there, completely forgot about the Rainbow 6 games and went on CoD2 some time back it's still as great as ever but it's such a strange feeling having no sprint button.

I'll definitely dig out CoD2, RSV and Bioshock 2 later today.