old account needs deactivating

my old account, shotgun sniper9 needs to be deactivated as I cannot access it anymore due to my password being lost a long time ago, I can prove ownership of the account if needed, but anyway, if I can't have it deactivated, can you at least cancel any automated billing on it please

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

In order to disable the automatic renewal without having access to the account, please contact Xbox Support.

They'll need to validate your account by sending a security code to your security proofs, or if you have a credit card attached to your membership, can look up your account by the card # and can then cancel your membership.

However, an Xbox Live profile cannot be deactivated by Support, but the Microsoft Account that it is tied to can be Closed. See here: support.xbox.com/.../cancel-microsoft-account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What all the above means is that your GT (hence account) cannot be deleted.  Even if you cancel (deactivate) the subscription, the GT will remain...doomed to float around in cyberspace until such a time as MS decides to purge it for nonuse.  That is what most people are wanting when they ask a question likes yours.  Once you cancel the Gold, the GT wil be locked out...no one can access it.  Including you.  But the tag will still come up as "taken" if anyone tries tp recycle it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Canceling the Gold does not lock you out of the account.  Forgetting your password and security info can lock you out, but canceling Gold just turns it back into a Free Account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes...just cancelling the Gold itself does not.  But if the OP cancels and cancels the whole account it will be locked out.  I did that very thing for my late mother last year.

Sorry this didn't help.