Okay whats with the games already?

I just want to say that I love my new Xbox one. I think it is a great machine with alot of potential.  Although there is one thing that bugs the crap outta me to no end.  The machine has been out for almost a month and since the launch titles there has been only Peggle 2?  Really...PEGGLE 2? Are there actually people out there in this world that bought an expensive machine for Peggle 2?  On the same thing, before the One came out their ads kept saying all these great games for the launch "window"! But what they really meant was "at some point after the machine gets released, these games will arrive for it"!  I own 4 of the launch titles and 2 of them I could have owned on my 360.  They other 2 are great but I have always been a gamer of variety, I play multiple games at the same time, not simultaneously obviously.  I really can't play Forza for months on end, my brain does not work like that.  I mean really development companies worked on Peggle 2 to show the power of Xbox One?  That's ridiculous! I am just a bit irritated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The launch window sorta extends to March though. By that time we'll have a handful of pretty high profile titles, such as Thief and Titanfall to name a few.

Peggle is obviously more so what would've been referred to as XBLA or Arcade game in the past, it's obvious it's not even trying to be an AAA-title (my, how I hate using that name).

In the end it should be no surprise that as an early adopter, you are gonna have to wait around for the big titles to hit.

Xbox One will be a month old soon. Man, that's a scary thought.

The games are always slow going at the beginning of the lifecycle. Devs have not had the kits to work on the game but for less than a year, and any games close to ready were pushed for launch, so that leaves a little bit of a drought immediately afterwards.

It hasn't even been a month and there are now 25 games for Xbox One. Calm down. Anyway, who doesn't love Peggle?

25...? Really? I thought there were about 10, maybe. How are there 25, and out of those how many aren't yearly realeased sports games (fifa, madden, nba 2k, nba live..?)

Peggle 2 is pretty bloody good though..

Let's see if I can name all 25 from memory:

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3
FIFA14
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LocoCycle
NBA2K14
Need for Speed Rivals

Madden NFL 25
Peggle 2
PowerStar Golf
Ryse Son of Rome
Skylanders Swap Force
Watch Dogs (delayed)
Xbox Fitness
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba Fitness

The titles marked in red are the titles that I couldn't remember. Also, as you can see, there aren't quite 25.

+ NBA live 14.

Also Fighter Within, but DON'T BUY THAT GAME. IT IS A TERRIBLE REPRESENTATION OF THE KINECT.

-

[quote user="DeadMoose13"]

I just want to say that I love my new Xbox one. I think it is a great machine with alot of potential.  Although there is one thing that bugs the crap outta me to no end.  The machine has been out for almost a month and since the launch titles there has been only Peggle 2?  Really...PEGGLE 2? Are there actually people out there in this world that bought an expensive machine for Peggle 2?  On the same thing, before the One came out their ads kept saying all these great games for the launch "window"! But what they really meant was "at some point after the machine gets released, these games will arrive for it"!  I own 4 of the launch titles and 2 of them I could have owned on my 360.  They other 2 are great but I have always been a gamer of variety, I play multiple games at the same time, not simultaneously obviously.  I really can't play Forza for months on end, my brain does not work like that.  I mean really development companies worked on Peggle 2 to show the power of Xbox One?  That's ridiculous! I am just a bit irritated.

[/quote]

You own 4 of the launch games, and are complaining there is not more games available? How about you go and buy one of other 17 that are available? And dont ever disrespect Peggle. I have put more hours into that Peggle 1 and 2 than any other game ever, besides Skyrim of course.