OK, my console is freezing up

So basically, with or without the HDD, and with or without a game in, my console will sometimes freeze up. As in, the screen freezes, and the guide button does not respond. Now, yesterdya, I thought this was just related to Lost Odyssey, but I am now experiencing it with Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I have a 20GB Original 360, that was received after a repair (so I think it is a refurbished one). The warranty expired in 2009, and I really probably can't spare £66 right now to get it repaired. Is there anything at all that I can do to sort this out? Lately, the fan has been pretty loud on the XBOX, but it is in a ventilated area :/

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check that the 360 isn't clogged with dust anywhere near the fans and things like that. When the console freezes, is it hot? (Sounds weird lol) Chances are that the console is coming up to the end of it's life. How often does it freeze on you?

-

My first Xbox froze alot before experiencing the RroD couple of weeks later. I hope that this isn't what your experiencing but it maybe time to save up for a new console rather than sending in for repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are some troubleshooting steps in this sticky about consoles freezing.
Worth a look!.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have decided to cut my losses, and will be getting a 250gb S model next week. I hear it has a much less percentage failure rate (I have not even heard of it failing for anyone who weren't trying to make it fail).  Cut my losses in the long run.

Sorry this didn't help.