OK Microsoft Xbox Team, post something...

Seriously, this console update is a mess. I rather have a working console compared to a console that can not play anything what so ever. It doesn't take long to figure out your update has done something to people's consoles.

Heck you just go to look at Major Nelson's Blog post on the update. Nearly every single comment is posting issues. Varying from the console no longer reading discs, to the console no longer allowing you to install games to the Hard drive after update and generally unstable consoles that can't connect to XBL parties, can't play apps...

I just find it annoying that you refuse to even make a statement or give us any solutions or insight. All you have to say is, "Oh sorry, it messed up some consoles, we'll release a fix soon."

But no, support is like: Clear system cache, oh that don't work? Send it in for repair. I seriously feel sorry for those who have bad consoles due to this update and have to pay for a repair because it's warrenty is out of date.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, but have you tried clearing your systems cache?  If not, then please try that. :)  If that doesn't work, then have you tried clearing the latest update and re-installing it?  If not, then could you try that as well?  

If that doesn't work, then you may want to try to re-download your profile to see if that resolves the issue as well. Thanks. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for atleast responding, but the cache thing never works for the disc drive, I can see it working for something like the hard drive. In addition, I have no clue how to roll back on a console, I know it's something to do with a combination of buttons on the system area of the dashboard. But the actual code, nope. (The issue I am facing is Disc drive errors, other people problems varie from something console breaking to just general issues. Sadly I am one of the prior.)

If you could provide said combination, and any instructions I will give it a go. But I really think the damage is done, from everything I have seen on the forums and Xbox team blogs, it appears some consoles get corrupted which in turn causes problems for customers. Some people have rolled back the update but it did nothing to help them, they still have issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your very welcome!  That is what we are here for!  :)  In order to clear the latest update, you will need to do the following steps. :) Thanks

1. Pull up the Xbox Guide (big X button on your controller)
  2. Scroll over to the right to Settings
  3. Select System Settings
  4. Select Storage
  5. Highlight the hard drive ONLY
  6. Enter in the following combination buttons
  7.  LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X
  8. Select Yes
  9. The console will restart automaticly

Sorry this didn't help.

OK so this worked for Skyrim, re-installing the game now and if that works I will test my Gears 3.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK it's offical.

MS Update DOES work but I had to roll back, and re-install it. After the update games previously not working now suddernly work. I CAN install software from Game Discs.

I would recommend someone makes a sticky for those with similiar issues with last patch, maybe it will work for them too?

Sorry this didn't help.

Already been taken care of - forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx - OK no one reads it but still it's the thought that counts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear that I got your issue resolved for you. We always appreciate your feedback! :)

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

MIne isnt reading disc either! they want me to send it back for repairs.. i tryed all that clear cache bs..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Ylwcobra99! We're happy to try to help you out if you create your own thread in this forum detailing your issue and the steps you've tried to resolve it. This will help us provide you individual troubleshooting stesp! :)

Sorry this didn't help.