Oh dear the Modern shooter wars are escelating again........

Only just found this one but it looks like here we go again as a new thing you can be banned for on certain games or be forced to change.

[view:http://i.imgur.com/kGF7p.png]

yes you saw that right Homefront and MW3 are banning to use of the clan tag DICE.

Is this just petty of certain developers or would you say its a fair response to make ?

If you could call for a clan tag to be banned what would it be ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thats why i dont play mw3 or homefront 2 crappy made games from 2 crappy companys.

Hobblejp, can I just ask how old you are?

I'm guesing about 14/15?

[quote user="Ooh im good"]

Hobblejp, can I just ask how old you are?

I'm guesing about 14/15?

[/quote]

guess again considering I'm against annoying Squeekies.

I refuse the answer the question on the grounds than any answer could be used against me, as on these forums it should be your points judge the validity of rather than the cheap tactic of discrediting the person who makes the points.

So they would ban someone for having a certain clan tag just because its a reference to their competition?, I don't believe it. Besides that says they have banned the use of those tags, not that they are banning people who have used them.

To answer your question there are no clan tags I would want to see banned as I barely even notice any. Especially when I am hiding behind the nearest bit of cover trying to keep all the people shooting at me from succeeding.
The only ones that did annoy me simply because they were massively distracting were the silly combination of controller buttons on MW3, bet they have since patched it. :)

If someone used a clan tag that reflected another game they might play I could not care less, people have the privilege to play what they like and support what ever games they enjoy as far as I'm concerned.
If the developers frown on it then that is their business, and they can deal with the backlash if these bans actually have happened, or do in the future.

I call rubbish. How the heck would Activision have a case against someone using DICE as a clan tag? They would get laughed out of court, if it even got that far ffs.

^Their game their servers behind the game their rules.............

Will wait to hear an official announcement from them to say that if you use this "style" clan tag then you risk being banned for it.....so, when that happens, share the link, till then...meh

Its more like these companys are scared that players using DICE as a gamertag are getting free advertising out of it. Or maybe people are making a point by using it is sying they prefer DICE games or Hate DICE games. Overall its a bit over the top to ban the word DICE lol

It no different than on Black Ops on the emblem editior where I've seen DICE been put in there and many other names, logos ..etc.

The only way I can see why it's not allowed within the clan tag is because it may become offensive to people, if thats so then why have a clan-tag feature.

"Thats why i dont play mw3 or homefront 2 crappy made games from 2 crappy companys" so much wrong with this statement, driven by fanboyishness