G’day everyone! We understand that some folks are still running into issues installing the initial system update on your Xbox One consoles. Now available for download is the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
This tool should only be used after all other options have been tried! Before continuing, be sure you’ve done the following:
- Troubleshoot any connectivity issues. Try this even if you’re totally confident in your home network.
- Power Cycle your Xbox One Console.
- Troubleshoot system updates on your Xbox One Console.
- Check the OS version on the Xbox One.
Knowing the Operating System version on your console is important because it will determine which file you use going forward.
- If you get stuck on a green boot screen for 10+ minutes and you’re unable to check your OS version, use the OSUDT1 file.
- If you’re in the middle of the system update and get the green screen upon reboot, use the OSUDT2 file.
If you can check your OS with the steps listed in the above link, then please continue
here to use the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
If you have any questions about using this tool, please start a new thread or hit up one of the Misters or Misses here on the forum. We’re here for you!