oddity with my nat setting

Ok  i was turning my xbox one on today and a few hours ago the nat was open  on it , but now its strict. I have no clue why it says that though, but thats not the odd part.

The odd part is when i run a test on it , it says  its good to go even with the nat saying its strict.  im confused on how thats  working, shouldnt it be saying what i should do to  open my nat? anyone else having this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

ok  i had my xbox one off when  i posted this but now i  turned it back on and it says open again. this new console is a trickster apparently.....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are compatibility issues with a lot of routers.

I find that if the NAT is moderate when I switch on I can do a multiplayer test then when it says everything is good I press all the triggers and bumper buttons at the same time which brings up a detailed network screen, I then press 'A' and then the NAT opens.

Sorry this didn't help.

yea, this whole NAT thing is odd. like you guys, my xbox one tells me i have a strict nat even though it's been set to open for years. when i run a test it says everything is fine. when i play COD it ALWAYS says open at the bottom of the game lobby and i always host the game lobby for my friends so everyone can join up with us regardless of their nat setting. it's like the xbox is misreading the network. it's like some sort of typo almost cause everything works fine...weird.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Hitman x187x"]

yea, this whole NAT thing is odd. like you guys, my xbox one tells me i have a strict nat even though it's been set to open for years. when i run a test it says everything is fine. when i play COD it ALWAYS says open at the bottom of the game lobby and i always host the game lobby for my friends so everyone can join up with us regardless of their nat setting. it's like the xbox is misreading the network. it's like some sort of typo almost cause everything works fine...weird.

[/quote]

Thats because COD uses port 3075. The xbox one dashboard uses the same port as the 360, port 3074. If you also own a 360 then you might get conflicts which closes the NAT. Although this depends how compatible the xbox one is with your router for UPnP

Sorry this didn't help.