Odd Xbox Issue

I'm not entirely sure where to start, here. Well, I was playing my games as I normally do the other day, enjoying the time and see a friend hop online. I decide to see what they're planning on playing, but upon hitting my guide button and then selecting my friends list, I notice it shows nothing but their gamertags. Confused, I check my connection quickly and notice it's not slow in the least. Still confused, I decide to click a few friends and notice nothing is showing up but their name. No gamer score, no member information such as if they have Gold or for how many years, no motto, no bio, no recent games. Nothing.

I didn't understand what was going on and it took forever to even try and compare games. Fed up, I turn my 360 off and wait a minute. Upon turning it back on, it suddenly takes a while to connect to Live and bring up the dashboard. Friends list is still messed up at this point. Frustrated, I turn my 360 off again and give it ten minutes. I figure that should be enough time, right?

Turning it on after that period seemed to work much better, but things were still a bit slow. Keep in mind, my connection is perfectly fine. I try a different game and lag a bit before it clears up and things seem to be working normally once again. I thought that was it. Thing is, it happened just a bit ago once again. This time, worse.

This next time, I was playing my games again and chatting with a friend in a party. Out of nowhere, I get kicked from the party and flip to my friends list. I see the same thing happening again like last time. Not enjoying my time anymore, I decide to finish up my session in the next minute and decide to go back to the dashboard. This time, it freezes my Xbox completely with a stuck sound. I hit the power button, which took a good minute before it finally powered off. I waited around five or ten minutes and started it up again, everything seems fine once more. Now, I'm confused.

What exactly is going on with my 360? I know it's not a connection issue since it was taking forever to do anything. It has to be my 360 in some manner. Can anybody tell me what's going on? Is it overheating? Is it slowly failing? What?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sounds like your xbox is getting close to the red ring. Your xbox gpu, cpu, and ram chips are running VERy slowly from what it sounds like. If this keeps hapening then call xbox Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much for your answer. I had no idea what was going on. I guess I might need a new one since this one is past warranty. Thank you again.

Sorry this didn't help.

This happens to me if my connection speed is low.  Most of the time when I am downloading movies or someone is watching netflix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thing is, my connection is fine. I even tested it during the slow down. My PC was perfectly capable of even streaming during it while I ran a test. Also, I don't think a connection has to do with my console freezing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe it's just because of my Xbox I don't know, but sometimes my router automatically resets itself, or sometimes my DL drops very low, and I nothing loads on the guide menu so I blame it on that.

Sorry this didn't help.