Odd sort of hacking/theft

Today I received an email from Xbox saying that the 6000pt purchase could not be completed. Having not made any such purchase I immediately checked my bank account to find that no outstanding charges were made. I then checked my xbox live account/billing info to find that the credit card I used had been removed and someone elses card had been added. I believe it was actually the card that was added that the purchase intended to be used on. But this seems all so strange. I have since, changed my password to my xbox live account and removed the card that was added. 

Maybe the thieves hacked my account to add the other credit card so that when they purchased I got the email instead of the people the card actually belonged to? Anyways, customer support said to post this in the forum so that my account was not suspended or banned for theft.

Hopefully this will keep my account from getting suspended! I have put a lot of time into that thing!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You should start a Unauthorized access investigation on your account.

Even though nothing was done with the account, Charges or other wise if you did not put that CC there then someone else did.

I would also change your email address's password too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there Johnny!  Not sure why they sent  you to the forums to post this because the XBLPET does not check this section of the forums.  Instead, they should have had you check the following articles listed below. :)

Xbox LIVE account security checklist

Types of Xbox LIVE account theft

What to do if your account has been stolen.

Hope you get this issue resolved. :) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.