Odd DLC (License?) Discrepencies

I recently tried playing both Kingdoms of Amalur and Dead Space 2 offline. When I entered the games, on Amalur, it said that I could not load my save because previous dlc did not exist (although i have not acquired any dlc for Amalur, except the online pass and the extra items for completing the demo and playing Mass Effect).

When entering Dead Space 2, 2 Xbox notifications popped up saying that both the Collector's Edition DLC and the Severed DLC could not be used because they were not authorized for use on this Xbox.

However, when I signed into Xbox Live, these notifications did not appear.

Skyrim does not have this problem, and I have purchased all the DLC for it online.

I checked the storage area of my xbox and all the content is still present.

I do not know how many other of my games are affected this way, but I would like to know if there's a fix for it, as I do not play online much anymore. I would suspect it would be an issue with license transfer, though I'm not certain. I know for certain that I upgraded to my Slim before I recently Dead Space 2 back and proceeded to play it, though I also know for certain that I purchased Amalur AFTER I upgraded to my Slim.

If anyone knows anything about this problem, please provide solutions. Any help is appreciated. :)

-Nenjamonky117

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Hi Nenjamonky 117.

-

This looks like a console license issue. To resolve this, you'll need to perform a license transfer and then redownload your content.

-

Please follow these instructions to perform a license transfer.

-

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

2. Go to Settings and select Account.

3. Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.

4. Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.

5. After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. For information about how to do this, see support.xbox.com/.../redownload-content.

-

More info on DRM and licensing for marketplace content is located here.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

Hope that helps you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.