Odd controller issues.

I tried to get help with this problem a few weeks ago with no luck, so ill try one more time, this time with a lot more info.

I have two 360 WIRED controllers. one of them works just fine, the other does not work when plugged in to the 360.

Here are some facts about what i know to try and narrow down the problem with the non working controller.

1. The controller that does not work on the 360 DOES work on my PC perfectly.

2. The ports on the 360 are fine, since the other wired controller works great in all of them.

3. The non working controller still has the same problem even if no other controllers are connected to the console.

4. when plugged in to the xbox the non working controller flashes 4 lights all at the same time non stop and no buttons work at all.

5. When i plug the non working controller in to the xbox while the power is off, i can use the middle guide button to turn the power to the console on, it then starts doing what number four said, 4 flashing lights with no buttons working.

6. My xbox wireless controller works just fine on the console.

i have been using gaming consoles for at least 25 years and this is by far the weirdest problem i have seen since all the facts point towards the controller and the console being in great working order.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there, The Deftone.

Your controller clearly has a fault, since it is wired please make sure the wire is not bent, stretched , cut etc...

Also, is the non-working controller an official controller or an unofficial controller?  

If you find that everyone else's suggestions do not help you, I then suggest you take it back to the store you bought it from, with the receipt and explain to them the problems you are facing. After that they should swap it for a new one.  

Hope this helped,  

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Faulty controller you need a replacement, Microsoft can replace it for you if you are in the 90 day warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, they are official xbox controllers. Its just weird that the controller that keeps blinking when used on the xbox works perfectly on my PC with absolutely no problems at all. I don't see how it can only be faulty on one platform and perfectly fine on another.

Anyway, its too old to replace with a warranty, but at least it still works on the PC, so i can't complain. thanks for the advice guys.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know Microsoft was selling wired 360 controllers aimed at the PC, so im wondering if perhaps those controllers were in some way not compatible with the similar 360 versions.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is probably caused by a internal problem with that usb port base. ust keep using for pc or just buy  a cheap used wireless one.

Sorry this didn't help.