I tried to get help with this problem a few weeks ago with no luck, so ill try one more time, this time with a lot more info.
I have two 360 WIRED controllers. one of them works just fine, the other does not work when plugged in to the 360.
Here are some facts about what i know to try and narrow down the problem with the non working controller.
1. The controller that does not work on the 360 DOES work on my PC perfectly.
2. The ports on the 360 are fine, since the other wired controller works great in all of them.
3. The non working controller still has the same problem even if no other controllers are connected to the console.
4. when plugged in to the xbox the non working controller flashes 4 lights all at the same time non stop and no buttons work at all.
5. When i plug the non working controller in to the xbox while the power is off, i can use the middle guide button to turn the power to the console on, it then starts doing what number four said, 4 flashing lights with no buttons working.
6. My xbox wireless controller works just fine on the console.
i have been using gaming consoles for at least 25 years and this is by far the weirdest problem i have seen since all the facts point towards the controller and the console being in great working order.