October 3rd 2011 Xbox Live Unavailable. VERY UNHAPPY

Today I was very unhappy as around 4:35pm GMT, I was kicked off xbox live, and couldn't reconnect , i tired many times to reconnect and even reset my internet router a few times ,and ruled out that it was not my internet that was the problem, it was xbox itself, i confirmed this after i tried the "test connection to xbox live" on the xbox, and my xbox could connect to the internet, but not xbox live itself, and i would like to know what problems you were having, that stopped me and millinos of other people connecting to xbox live. I think i speak for many people when i say that if you were performing maintenance we have the right and should be told, and we shouldn't have to guess what you are doing, and i feel dissapointed and let down by xbox and thousands of other users probably do as well, and you should give us something to make up for this blunder.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP.. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There's a service alert function on the site and testing your connection also informs you of any maintenence or problems. If you think an online service of any kind can be maintained without the need for offline maintence then you've a lot to learn about such matters.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Taken from the xbox live ToU ( www.xbox.com/.../livetou ):

15. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY.

We provide the Service "as-is," "with all faults," and "as available."  We do not guarantee the suitability, reliability, availability, accuracy or timeliness of information available from the Service, or that the Service will be uninterrupted, secure, error-free or that data loss will not occur.  You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime will occur. We give no express warranties, guarantees, or conditions.   We disclaim all warranties with regard to the Service, including any implied warranties (e.g., those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title and non-infringement). You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws that this contract cannot change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox live was down for a couple hours for some people.  That's it.  It happens.  It's not like they punched your grandma in the face.

I think you'll probably get over it.

Sorry this didn't help.