October 11th Update Failed...

I have been struggling with trying to download this update for days now. I just got this new slim console for free with my new laptop. My original error code was           351f-0000-0080-0300-8007-2741. I tried to clear the system cache and even remove the update from my console and retry using the LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X input. The update just didn't seem to want to download no matter what I did. Next, I tried to download the update through a USB. Once I introduced the update to my Xbox, things started looking good. The update extracted and restarted my console (exactly what was supposed to happen). Then, a window appeared saying the update had to be applied. Then, nothing else was required by me. Figuring everything was finished with the update, I went to test my Xbox Live connection again to see if I could connect. It said that I am still connected through my ethernet and that I was connected to the internet, but as soon as it tries to contact Xbox Live, the same necessary update window appeared. I tried to download it anyways even though it was supposedly already on my console. It said that the update was unavailable and to try again later. This is when I cleared the system cache a second time and removed the update from my console the same way I did before. When the console restarted, I decided to try to test my Xbox Live connection again. It prompted me to download the update again. I said OK. The update of course failed again (which really isn't a surprise to me after all this BS), but I received a different error code than the previous tries. The new error code is 3524-0000-3080-0300-8007-2741. I am contemplating trying to download the update through my USB again (but before that re-downloading the update files to my computer and then copying them to USB) but I am honestly starting to get discouraged. Can anyone help me? Please... DX

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bro, you're definitely NOT the only one. I'm in the EXACT same boat. Except I burned to a disk instead of using USB but it makes no difference. I was also getting exciting when it said it was extracting, etc. I was thinking it would actually work but after restarting it gave me the same message that the update is unavailable. I'm frankly really tired of all this BS and really pissed at MS for continually releasing such broken updates/patches at our expense. As far as I know though, there is nothing you can personally do. Nothing is gonna make this thing work short of intervention from MS themselves ... because trust me we've all tried everything already. One guy said he got his to work by doing the USB thing ... and I'm sure he was telling the truth but something tells me that he had a slightly different error than us and that's why it worked ... because for everyone else I have talked to it has NOT worked. Nothing has.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yup, everything I try fails. Come on *** M$ fix this already!

Sorry this didn't help.

Got the same problem except sometimes and only sometimes will my xbox connect to live and not all the options are there for me, so frustrated..was working fine before the update

Sorry this didn't help.

im getting pissed off if microsft dont fix this i want my xbox live money refunded

Sorry this didn't help.

The bothersome thing is that the two different error codes I got aren't even in the software error code list...

Sorry this didn't help.

OP: I just want to clarify, you tried updating normally, got the error code, then updated manually, seemed to go through alright, but now you are still being asked to update every time you connect to LIVE?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not only am I being prompted to update every time I "try" to connect to Live, but after I update through USB it simply asks for me to update again and then just says that it is unavailable. This doesn't make any sense though because I already have the update. All I know is that this is completely blocking me from accessing Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here man, I tried updating manually last night and I'm getting the same exact thing. It tells me that it's 'unavailable' ...

Sorry this didn't help.

This is still getting old...

Sorry this didn't help.

I got exactly the same error too.

What's goin' on? Is there anybody from XBL support out there?

I got both consoles, the Fat one and the Slim one, and both have the same "status code" error numbers and letters.

At some point, when I try to "fix" my connection, it suggests me to open port 3074.

Of course, that doesn't work either. I've never had connection problems before or ports issues.

XBOX Live was always OK... until now.

We need answers, dammit!

Sorry this didn't help.