Obsolete email address associated with Gamertag

Greetings. 

A couple of years ago my brother game me his Xbox as a gift. The gamertag has his OLD hotmail address that he has forgot the password and his security question. He doesn't remember any of his contacts he sent emails to, subject lines etc. Therefore it is UNRECOVERABLE using the password reset form. We have tried several times. 

I have a full purchase history details since he gave me the Xbox and cards used etc. 

Put simply is there anyway in which Microsoft can change the Microsoft account associated with the Gamertag without knowing the password? 

I have accumulated nearly 19k Gamerscore, purchased several DLC games, map packs and the like worth well over £200. I really would not like to create a new one.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

tnat is the only way to get your password reset

if you used randomized info then no it will be next to impossible

next time use REAL info or least keep it upto date

you can always try the answer.microsoft.com forums

the MS accounts team are the only one who can reset the password and you do need to validate who you are

and accounts cannot be transfered between people FYI

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you even read the thread....?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can reset the password by going to account.live.com/password/reset and answering questions which should be easy... but if not, go on to http://account.live.com/acsr and complete the questionnaire for a password reset.

Once you have done that, then you will have the password, and will be able to go into Internet Explorer on a PC (or Safari on a Mac) to get to http://account.live.com, sign in there, and then choose Update Email Address to replace the obsolete address.

Sorry this didn't help.