NXOE dashboard is terrible

i was just forced to update to the awful and barf looking NXOE i want my old dashboard back you guys should of accomidated to xbox users with disabilities to be able to go back to the original dashboard i find this new one to be not user friendly and i have even noticed a delay since  you guys updated to the awful dashboard after seeing this NXOE it makes me want to power up my xbox 360 since the old dash board had a similar feel the the xbox 360 version i was part of the preview program but after seeing the new dashboard before it was released to everyone i opted out from the xbox preview program to avoid this dashboard but now its being forced on everyone even those who DIDN'T want it 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey mate,

Yeah unfortunately there is no way to permanently opt out of an update, unless you want to remain offline :(

The only thing I can say is that if you have any suggestions on how you think it can be improved, to head over to the xbox feedback site, and post it up there: http://xbox.uservoice.com/

If the ideas are good, people will vote for them, and you might just find them implemented later down the track :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i dont mind updates but it would be nice to give a option  to be given the option which dashboard we want this new dashboard is very confusing to me and with my disability it makes things worse i will try suggesting again even though my previous suggestions where ignored

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah mate, can totally understand where you are coming from. Thing is that these updates will usually contain important security updates as well as the different features that they've implemented, and unfortunateyl those security updates are the ones that require us to download them.

If you need a hand finding anything, or figuring out the new dash, feel free to shoot me any questions you have, as I'm more then happy to help you through :)

The feedback definitely isn't ignored, but there is just so much feedback that is posted, that its hard for them to implement it all :(

Anyways, let me know if you need anything more mate :)

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.

i like to use settings by using what used to be the start button which im not sure what it is called (the one with the 3 lines) but i did try your link it appears its been added as a suggestion already not alot are liking this new dashboard i struggle more with my disability i seen now media player is towards the bottom instead of just hitting left on my joystick

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats the menu button :)

You can now get to the settings through the side menu, so if you're at the dashboard, go to the left, which will bring up the side menu, then scroll down to the second to last option, and you'll find your settings there :)

If the idea has already been added to the feedback site, then make sure you vote for it too :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in total agreement with the original post.  I hate NXOE.  It's ugly, poorly designed, ruins everything, I mean EVERYTHING my wife and I bought the Xbox One for.  Especially gestures.  I only play games on a PC (an infinitely SUPERIOR experience) and hate consoles and stupid controllers.  The one reason we broke down and wasted our money on a console was because we felt it would allow us to have a media center where we could use a combination of voice AND gestures.  The idea was to NOT have to touch this stupid controller.  The layout and performance how we used it were perfect.  And then Microsoft decided to screw us by forcing us to install this horrid update.  What kind of update REMOVES FEATURES?  Oh, that's right, Microsoft's kind.  So, now we have a Kinect that's half unusable and an interface we can't stand to use, that pukes all sorts of things on our screen that we never want to see!  We've basically wasted $500.  At this point, unless MS brings back gestures and allows a way to customize the screen to GET RID of 90% of that crap, we're going throw away this piece of junk and go back to just the TV and satellite box.

Sorry this didn't help.