NXE errors and black screen solution

I tried all of the different ways to reset the system that we're offered up since at first my system would get to a black screen and get stuck (the only thing that worked was the guide button and some voice function like on and off) and then I ended up with two different error messages.  My next option was the offline system update tool which is here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool, I tried both options and the one that worked was the factory default. I was worried about it but more worried about not having my system while they fix it. So I did the factory default and it took about 10 minutes to get everything back up and running, but it loaded the NXE back on and everything works. I had to download my apps again and presumably my saves are in the cloud since I haven't check yet but if I lost some stuff it's a small price to pay to have my xbox back up and running since I use it for pretty much everything my front room. I hope that this helps someone out there who is in a bind like I was.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Before you factory reset, try holding the Xbox logo on the front of the console until it shuts down and unplugging the power cord from the back for 5 minutes. This helps with a black screen sometimes, but not always.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I get a solid black screen at start up. No image what so ever. No splash screen. I am going to try this solution today. This sucks because I have 2 XBO and this is the newer one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.