NOW I'm angry (Hack / Console I.D. related)

So I'm FIFA hacked, I'm not going to sit here and explain that again, most of us know.

So I give them all the info 3 weeks ago, and I get a call last night saying that I still havn't supplied the Serial Number and Console I.D.

WRONG.

The same damn day I reported the activity from work, I went home, got the numbers, and called them back with all the information they requested. Well guess what, "Bob," I don't have power, and I don't know when I'm going to get it the hell back. How hard is it for one of your employee's to type in a referance number and input the information I gave you ON DAY ONE. I want my money back Micro, and your service is absolutely terrible. You wasted 3 weeks of my time, and I know damn well you havn't started the investigation because you didn't record the I.D, So now I'm looking at another "25 days" before I get any kind of resolution, if I'm lucky.

Next thing, "Bob" tell's me I can get my Console I.D. through xboxlive.com, and I think that's complete bull. Can anyone confirm for me? I'm going to strangle someone. If it's on the site, I certainly can't find the area where it's located.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

ConsoleID is found under the license transfer tool.

live.xbox.com/.../Congrats

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was afraid of that Jaun, With the account payment stuff locked I can't get into that section. Or do I have to put in a new credit card (which I am not doing with this company ever again).

Sorry this didn't help.

Nevermind, I got it! Thank you so much.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sweet :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Seanrp. Exact same thing happend to me.  I think its a tactic they are employing as the fruad team must be under some strain with all the investigations going on.  I gave the information on day 1 and even got the CS rep to read it back out to me.  Note that they give you a new SR number means the old one is closed and their KPI's are meet.

I am now calling every day to check that 1 they have my email address and 2 they have the console information.  Useless

Sorry this didn't help.

Folks, there is something else to consider here.  It is in Microsoft's pecuniary interest to have these "investigations" go on as long as they do.  For those of you who had the misfortune of having your credit cards charged, MICROSOFT HAS YOUR MONEY.  They can use it or put it in an interest bearing account.  While your $100 or so might be a drop in the bucket, multiply that by tens of thousands of users hit with this FIFA hack (or whatever the numbers are -- Microsoft certainly isn't telling), and it can add up to a nice little sum.

AND, if you get tired of not having access to your account, there is the chance that you will call them up and say, "forget the investigation, just turn my Live back on."  In which case, they not only get the interest, they also get to keep the money stolen from you.

Sorry this didn't help.

"AND, if you get tired of not having access to your account, there is the chance that you will call them up and say, "forget the investigation, just turn my Live back on."  In which case, they not only get the interest, they also get to keep the money stolen from you."

I think in most cases they will find a way to keep that money regardless of whether you cancel the investigation or not.

I don't even understand why they need an alternate Email address anyway.  I changed my Email after I got my account recovered (before the investigation) I don't recall the reasoning for it, but waiting 2 weeks to tell me they need a new one is obviously a ploy for extra time.

It's cool, they can enjoy this little windfall.  Let's see how worth it it is to them when this gets really bad, and people are sharpening their pitchforks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed.  They know what they are doing!

Sorry this didn't help.